A fire damaged Peter Jackson’s production facilities near Wellington, New Zealand, possibly adding further delays to his troubled movie The Hobbit. According to MediaWorks NZ, a blaze broke out on Friday afternoon and lasted for nearly three hours before firefighters could put it out. No one was injured, but a spokesperson for Jackson’s company said that the damaged workshop would’ve been used for work on The Hobbit. The cause of the fire was still unknown.
Posted October 1 2010 — 11:06 AM EDT
- Jennifer Lawrence vs. 'tabloid malarkey'
- 'Parks and Recreation': On the set for the last day of filming
- 'Sex Box' react: Enclosed encounters of the absurd kind
- '12 Monkeys' boss on Cole's fate (Spoiler Alert!)
- EW recommends: Bieber, baseball, and Broadway
- Casting Net: Leonardo DiCaprio to play multiple personalities in The Crowded Room
- Blood, Next, Heaven, and more ambiguous film titles that confuse Google