The auction of the personal items belonging to The Real Housewives of New Jersey star Teresa Giudice, originally scheduled for Aug. 22, has been canceled, People reports. In lieu of a public auction, a legal rep for the family confirmed that a private sale will be held to “maximize the amount of money the Giudice family receives for their valuables.” The Giudices filed for bankruptcy in October 2009 after accumulating almost $11 million in debt, and have been accused of hidden assets and undervalued items not listed on their bankruptcy filing.
Posted October 1 2010 — 4:43 PM EDT
- 'Ghostbusters' new car: Paul Feig reveals #whattheygonnadrive
- Gay marriage ruling movie in the works at Fox
- Casting Net: Ellen Page signs on for Iraq War drama Lioness
- Hillary Clinton talks 'SNL' impressions
- Miss USA pageant names new hosts
- Rosie Perez leaving 'The View'
- Jeff Goldblum and wife welcome first son on the only possible day
- 'American Idol Live!' tour photos: Let's go backstage!
- They look like THAT now? See some of the latest child stars all grown up
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!