The auction of the personal items belonging to The Real Housewives of New Jersey star Teresa Giudice, originally scheduled for Aug. 22, has been canceled, People reports. In lieu of a public auction, a legal rep for the family confirmed that a private sale will be held to “maximize the amount of money the Giudice family receives for their valuables.” The Giudices filed for bankruptcy in October 2009 after accumulating almost $11 million in debt, and have been accused of hidden assets and undervalued items not listed on their bankruptcy filing.
Posted October 1 2010 — 4:43 PM EDT
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- Ben Stiller tweets about mom Anne Meara
- Max Greenfield joins 'AHS: Hotel' cast
- Josh Duggar: Eye on awkward joke in clip
- Rob Thomas' 'Trust You': Hear it, get scoop on new album
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Will Stannis make the sacrifice on 'Game of Thrones'?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!