After his disastrous Auto-Tune-gone-wrong debacle the last time he performed on Saturday Night Live, all eyes were on Kanye West for his return appearance last night. I’m happy to report that things went a lot more smoothly this go-round. Both of West’s performances—”Power” and “Runaway”—went off without a hitch, and provided two of the more memorable moments of this week’s show. For both tracks, West appeared on a completely white set. At first, I thought to myself, What, is he too good for the usual Grand Central Terminal backdrop? But I have to say the whitewashed background provided some striking visuals, as did the couple dozen scantily clad women surrounding West, providing an “Addicted to Love”-meets-Caligula vibe. (It also wasn’t surprising that he replaced the already infamous line “F— SNL and the whole cast” with a new verse.) On “Runaway,” West again relied on Auto-Tune, but there was no malfunction this time—just a well-executed rendition of the cool, robotic track. Do you think Kanye redeemed himself after last time? We’ll have clips of the performances when SNL makes them available to help you decide for yourself.
- Nick Jonas in talks to star in 'Jumanji' reboot
- 'The Exorcist' on Fox: Get creeped out by this exclusive key art
- 'Scream Queens': Jerry O'Connell joining season 2 — exclusive
- 'Sesame Street' let go three longtime cast members
- WATCH: Hope Solo champions equality in 'Keeping Score' — exclusive
- Idina Menzel to play Bette Midler's 'Beaches' role for Lifetime
- Jerry Doyle, 'Babylon 5' star, dies