After his disastrous Auto-Tune-gone-wrong debacle the last time he performed on Saturday Night Live, all eyes were on Kanye West for his return appearance last night. I’m happy to report that things went a lot more smoothly this go-round. Both of West’s performances—”Power” and “Runaway”—went off without a hitch, and provided two of the more memorable moments of this week’s show. For both tracks, West appeared on a completely white set. At first, I thought to myself, What, is he too good for the usual Grand Central Terminal backdrop? But I have to say the whitewashed background provided some striking visuals, as did the couple dozen scantily clad women surrounding West, providing an “Addicted to Love”-meets-Caligula vibe. (It also wasn’t surprising that he replaced the already infamous line “F— SNL and the whole cast” with a new verse.) On “Runaway,” West again relied on Auto-Tune, but there was no malfunction this time—just a well-executed rendition of the cool, robotic track. Do you think Kanye redeemed himself after last time? We’ll have clips of the performances when SNL makes them available to help you decide for yourself.
- Fábio Moon and Gabriel Bá preview new graphic novel 'Two Brothers'
- Demi Lovato urges for mental health reform following Oregon shooting
- Rooney Mara on the Tiger Lily casting controversy in 'Pan': ‘It wasn’t great’
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' season 1: Exclusive Blu-ray and DVD release details
- See the new trailer for Bryan Cranston's 'Trumbo'
- Joanna Newsom announces North American leg of 'Divers' tour
- Young Uhtred storms into battle in 'The Last Kingdom' first-look clip