Sufjan Stevens’ first proper album since 2005 (not counting the hour-long EP he dropped in August) features enough glitchy electronic beats to shock some fans, but don’t be put off: Aside from one ill-considered Auto-Tune gambit, the added layer of studio technology on The Age of Adz complements rather than distracts from the heartrending melodies and ambitious orchestration underneath. This noted history buff is finally moving toward the future, and it suits him splendidly. A?
NOW THAT HE'S OLDER Sufjan Stevens (Denny Renshaw)
Genre: Folk; Lead Performer: Sufjan Stevens; Status: In Season
Posted October 6 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Creators Robert and Michelle King talk 'The Good Wife' return
- Mad Max collector's edition Blu-ray: Exclusive release details
- Missy Elliott and Pharrell are in the studio together
- See Eddie Redmayne in his next big role as Lili Elbe in The Danish Girl
- Carlton Cuse looks back on his long and unique career
- Kanye apology to Beck, Bruno Mars
- Carly Rae Jepsen returns with 'I Really Like You'--and Tom Hanks?!
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!