GK Films, the new production company from producer Graham King (The Departed, The Town), has nabbed the feature film rights to the Tony award winning mega-hit musical Jersey Boys, according to Deadline New York. About the seemingly overnight success of the Four Seasons (i.e. Frankie Vallie, Bob Gaudio, Tommy DeVito, and Nick Massi) in the 1960s, the film will include the group’s hit songs, like “Sherry,” “Big Girls Don’t Cry,” and “Oh What a Night.” The screenplay will be written by Marshall Brickman and Rick Elice, who wrote the book of the show. Vallie and Gaudio will exec. produce.
Posted October 6 2010 — 10:14 PM EDT
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel