Lee Child, whose ex?Army cop Jack Reacher is one of today’s more memorable heroes, delivers an uncharacteristic dud in Worth Dying For, which comes just five months after the fast-paced winner 61 Hours. It’s the first time Child has published two books in a single year, and the strain shows. Reacher arrives in a wintry Nebraska farming community being squeezed by a violent clan of local bullies shipping illegal goods. But the book is curiously bereft of suspense. Since the bad guys are ID’d early on, the only mystery is the nature of the contraband (and even that is pretty easily guessed). C
Worth Dying ForLee Child, whose ex?Army cop Jack Reacher is one of today's more memorable heroes, delivers an uncharacteristic dud in Worth Dying For,...Worth Dying ForFictionLee ChildLee Child, whose ex?Army cop Jack Reacher is one of today's more memorable heroes, delivers an uncharacteristic dud in Worth Dying For,...2010-10-06Delacorte
Worth Dying For by Lee Child
Genre: Fiction; Author: Lee Child; Publisher: Delacorte
Posted October 6 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Bible' series won't return to NBC
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!