Douchebag is a bubblingly sharp indie comedy about a major a–hole. Sam (Andrew Dickler) has a bushy postmodern hippie beard (think Spin Doctors meets Zach Galifianakis), but behind that fuzzy facial armor he speaks his mind, coldly and cuttingly — especially when he’s talking to his kid brother, Thomas (Ben York Jones), a polite loser-slacker. Sam is about to be married, but he’s still hung up on the girl he had a crush on in fifth grade. So the two brothers go on a road trip to find her. It’s a minimalist Sideways, not so much mumblecore as talkycore. B+
HIPSTER AND HIPPIE, TOGETHER AT LAST Ben York Jones and Andrew Dickler are brothers on a road trip in Douchebag
Starring: Andrew Dickler; Author: Andrew Dickler; Release Date Wide: 10/01/2010; Runtime (in minutes): 71; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Red Dragon Independent Film
Posted October 8 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Shondaland Revealed on heartbreaking Calzona-centric 'Grey's Anatomy'
- 'Project Runway All Stars' season 5 winner feels 'validated'
- Justin Timberlake's new song 'Can't Stop the Feeling' is here
- The new Han Solo is …
- 'Orphan Black' creators on their first Italian phone sex scene
- 'Les Misérables' director Tom Hooper to bring 'Cats' to the big screen
- 'Scandal' reveals presidential nominees