There are two insurmountable problems for an exploitation flick in which a woman is gang-raped and exacts revenge by creatively torturing and killing each rapist. One: This is a remake of Meir Zarchi’s infamous 1978 exercise I Spit on Your Grave, made back when torture porn was readily identified as disgusting and worthy of outrage. Now it’s just one more movie in which genitals are sliced. Two: Zarchi cannily exploited the era’s interest in/fear of feminism (he preferred his title, Day of the Woman). Now it’s just some thin chick in her underwear, kicking butt. C-
REVENGE IS A DISH BEST SERVED COLD Sarah Butler and Jeff Branson in the new version of I Spit on Your Grave (Anchor Bay Films)
Release Date Wide: 10/08/2010; Runtime (in minutes): 107; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Anchor Bay Entertainment
Posted October 8 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Joan Rivers remembered during special episode of 'Fashion Police'
- Jimmy Kimmel unveils new 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- Jason Sudeikis plays Drinko with Jimmy Fallon on 'The Tonight Show'
- How the novel 'Star Wars: Aftermath' sets up 'The Force Awakens'
- The lawsuit over 'Mr. Holmes' has been settled, attorney says
- Kristen Bell’s gift to Dax Shepard makes us all miss 'Parenthood'
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Tom Hardy, Alessandra Ambrósio, Bindi Irwin & More!