There are two insurmountable problems for an exploitation flick in which a woman is gang-raped and exacts revenge by creatively torturing and killing each rapist. One: This is a remake of Meir Zarchi’s infamous 1978 exercise I Spit on Your Grave, made back when torture porn was readily identified as disgusting and worthy of outrage. Now it’s just one more movie in which genitals are sliced. Two: Zarchi cannily exploited the era’s interest in/fear of feminism (he preferred his title, Day of the Woman). Now it’s just some thin chick in her underwear, kicking butt. C-
REVENGE IS A DISH BEST SERVED COLD Sarah Butler and Jeff Branson in the new version of I Spit on Your Grave (Anchor Bay Films)
Release Date Wide: 10/08/2010; Runtime (in minutes): 107; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Anchor Bay Entertainment
Posted October 8 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade