This rotely cheeky, Anglo-plastic adultery comedy is set in the golden-green English countryside, and it makes a few quirky nods toward artistry, but it’s really just a glib concoction. Tamara Drewe (Gemma Arterton), a luscious lass, returns to the village where she grew up and gets involved with a roster of male stooges. There’s the airport-fiction novelist (Roger Allam) who’s a smug hack, the half-crazy rock drummer (Dominic Cooper), and so on. If the film were as worldly as it pretends to be, it wouldn’t shove its characters into sitcom slots. C
BACK IN TOWN Gemma Arterton returns to her old hometown in Tamara Drewe (Peter Mountain)
Posted October 8 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer: 'Scream Queens' will be just 'as brutal' as 'American Horror Story'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about his long hair
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!