This rotely cheeky, Anglo-plastic adultery comedy is set in the golden-green English countryside, and it makes a few quirky nods toward artistry, but it’s really just a glib concoction. Tamara Drewe (Gemma Arterton), a luscious lass, returns to the village where she grew up and gets involved with a roster of male stooges. There’s the airport-fiction novelist (Roger Allam) who’s a smug hack, the half-crazy rock drummer (Dominic Cooper), and so on. If the film were as worldly as it pretends to be, it wouldn’t shove its characters into sitcom slots. C
BACK IN TOWN Gemma Arterton returns to her old hometown in Tamara Drewe (Peter Mountain)
Posted October 8 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Girl Meets World' picked up for season 3
- Secrets of BB-8: An EW 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' video
- 'Arrow' star David Ramsey shares his theories on who's in the grave
- Everything you need to know about Apollo Creed before seeing 'Creed'
- Rosie O'Donnell calls Donald Trump's campaign 'a nightmare'
- Vine star thanks little boy who stood up to her catcaller
- The new 'Men in Black' movie will have a woman in black
- Taraji P. Henson's Biggest Moments in 2015
- Holiday Gift Guide: For the TV Fanatic
- 19 TV Families That Will Make You Thankful for Yours
- Literature's 8 Most Dysfunctional Thanksgiving Dinners
- 'Captain America: Civil War': Decoding the New Trailer
- EW's Entertainers of the Year pick their Entertainers of the Year