This rotely cheeky, Anglo-plastic adultery comedy is set in the golden-green English countryside, and it makes a few quirky nods toward artistry, but it’s really just a glib concoction. Tamara Drewe (Gemma Arterton), a luscious lass, returns to the village where she grew up and gets involved with a roster of male stooges. There’s the airport-fiction novelist (Roger Allam) who’s a smug hack, the half-crazy rock drummer (Dominic Cooper), and so on. If the film were as worldly as it pretends to be, it wouldn’t shove its characters into sitcom slots. C
BACK IN TOWN Gemma Arterton returns to her old hometown in Tamara Drewe (Peter Mountain)
Posted October 8 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Learn the story behind National Lampoon in 'Drunk Stoned Brilliant Dead' trailer
- 'This Is Me': Watch the Emmy-nominated docuseries right here
- Alicia Keys returns with '28 Thousand Days'
- Jon Stewart reveals his final three 'Daily Show' guests
- 'Key & Peele' have a very 'awkward' conversation about pop-culture opinions
- Starz boss scolds TV critics over HBO 'feud': 'Shame ... behave yourselves'
- Coach Taylor wants you to 'turn your goddamn cell phones off' in new PSA
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!