This rotely cheeky, Anglo-plastic adultery comedy is set in the golden-green English countryside, and it makes a few quirky nods toward artistry, but it’s really just a glib concoction. Tamara Drewe (Gemma Arterton), a luscious lass, returns to the village where she grew up and gets involved with a roster of male stooges. There’s the airport-fiction novelist (Roger Allam) who’s a smug hack, the half-crazy rock drummer (Dominic Cooper), and so on. If the film were as worldly as it pretends to be, it wouldn’t shove its characters into sitcom slots. C
BACK IN TOWN Gemma Arterton returns to her old hometown in Tamara Drewe (Peter Mountain)
Posted October 8 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt