The liger lives on: Fox has given a six-episode commitment to an animated version of Napoleon Dynamite, a network rep confirms. Original cast members including Jon Heder (Napoleon), Efren Ramirez (Pedro), and Aaron Ruell (Kip Dynamite) will lend voices to the project, which centers on Heder’s eccentric Idaho teenager from the 2004 big-screen comedy. The pilot was penned by the film’s writers, Jared and Jerusha Hess, and Simpsons producer Mike Scully. Fox also ordered seven episodes of Allen Gregory, an animated comedy about a famous seven-year-old boy who has to attend public school. Superbad’s Jonah Hill, who co-wrote the pilot and is serving as executive producer, voices the main character.
Posted October 11 2010 — 11:47 PM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE drops Gavin DeGraw collaboration 'Brother'—exclusive premiere
- Disney Junior to intro Elena of Avalor, its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters