The liger lives on: Fox has given a six-episode commitment to an animated version of Napoleon Dynamite, a network rep confirms. Original cast members including Jon Heder (Napoleon), Efren Ramirez (Pedro), and Aaron Ruell (Kip Dynamite) will lend voices to the project, which centers on Heder’s eccentric Idaho teenager from the 2004 big-screen comedy. The pilot was penned by the film’s writers, Jared and Jerusha Hess, and Simpsons producer Mike Scully. Fox also ordered seven episodes of Allen Gregory, an animated comedy about a famous seven-year-old boy who has to attend public school. Superbad’s Jonah Hill, who co-wrote the pilot and is serving as executive producer, voices the main character.
Posted October 11 2010 — 11:47 PM EDT
- Listen to Liam Payne sing in the shower
- Jeremy Sisto to star in ABC's 'Wicked City'
- 'Inside Out' finally beat 'Jurassic World' at the box office
- Dennis Rodman guest stars in Skrillex, Yogi, and Pusha T's creepy music video
- Someone turns Kanye West best quotes into a free book
- Jessica Chastain and Bryce Dallas Howard hung out together
- 'Ghostbusters' adds Andy Garcia and Michael K. Williams to the cast
- Soundbites of the week: Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Kendall Jenner, Liv Tyler, Jessie J & More!