The liger lives on: Fox has given a six-episode commitment to an animated version of Napoleon Dynamite, a network rep confirms. Original cast members including Jon Heder (Napoleon), Efren Ramirez (Pedro), and Aaron Ruell (Kip Dynamite) will lend voices to the project, which centers on Heder’s eccentric Idaho teenager from the 2004 big-screen comedy. The pilot was penned by the film’s writers, Jared and Jerusha Hess, and Simpsons producer Mike Scully. Fox also ordered seven episodes of Allen Gregory, an animated comedy about a famous seven-year-old boy who has to attend public school. Superbad’s Jonah Hill, who co-wrote the pilot and is serving as executive producer, voices the main character.
Posted October 11 2010 — 11:47 PM EDT
- Watch the first 8 minutes of Cameron Crowe's 'Aloha'
- Listen to this amazing Ryn Weaver song right this second
- Box office preview: 'San Andreas' to rock the box office
- Joan Rivers exhibit coming to the Grammy Museum
- A.R. Gurney's dog-friendly 'Sylvia' headed to Broadway
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Ruth Ware's 'In a Dark, Dark Wood'
- Woman covers Eminem's 'Lose Yourself' in sign language