In the wake of Vince Vaughn’s first public statement about the controversial “gay” joke featured in the trailer for his upcoming film The Dilemma, Jarrett Barrios, the president of GLAAD (The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation) released the following response late Thursday evening to EW: “When ‘gay’ is used as a pejorative, it frequently sends a message – particularly to youth and their bullies – that being gay is wrong and something to laugh at. We invite Vince Vaughn to work with us and help ensure that gay youth and those perceived to be gay aren’t put in harm’s way by such jokes.”
Posted October 14 2010 — 11:12 PM EDT
- Seth Meyers laughs at latest Hillary Clinton email revelations
- 'America's Got Talent': 12-year-old Grace VanderWaal wows again
- The Final Five gymnasts saw 'Hamilton'
- John Kraskinski explains why he didn't get to play Captain America
- Eddie Vedder ejects fan out of Pearl Jam concert mid-song
- 'Poldark' season 2 exclusive trailer: Aidan Turner turns up the heat
- Jason Derulo joins James Corden for Toddlerography
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your limited series/drama nominees are...