I can barely describe the wonders of Marwencol, Jeff Malmberg’s documentary about a man, brain-damaged following a near-fatal beating, who has built a fictional WWII-era Belgian town out of tiny props and Barbie-size dolls. He invents, photographs, and lives in his fantastical, deeply felt scenarios. This tender documentary considers the mysteries of both art and coping. A-
TOY SOLDIER A medic rescues a wounded major after an ambush by the SS in Marwencol (Mark E. Hogancamp)
Posted October 14 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Why J.J. Abrams was nervous to screen 'The Force Awakens' for Disney brass
- 'Flash'-'Arrow' bosses & cast preview epic crossover with 'Legends of Tomorrow'
- Alex Pettyfer talks 'Magic Mike': 'Channing Tatum does not like me'
- Benny Boom in talks to step in as director of Tupac biopic
- Andrew Lincoln tells you what is coming up next on 'The Walking Dead'
- See the Mountain from 'Game of Thrones' toss a keg 23 feet in the air
- Hear Beyoncé on Coldplay's new song