I can barely describe the wonders of Marwencol, Jeff Malmberg’s documentary about a man, brain-damaged following a near-fatal beating, who has built a fictional WWII-era Belgian town out of tiny props and Barbie-size dolls. He invents, photographs, and lives in his fantastical, deeply felt scenarios. This tender documentary considers the mysteries of both art and coping. A-
TOY SOLDIER A medic rescues a wounded major after an ambush by the SS in Marwencol (Mark E. Hogancamp)
Posted October 14 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Tilda Swinton talks The Ancient One in 'Doctor Strange' sneak peek video
- J.K. Rowling saw Amy Schumer's stand-up show and loved it
- Adam Scott and Craig Robinson team up for paranormal comedy 'Ghosted'
- EW PopFest: Here's everything you need to know!
- Lance Bass 'disappointed' *NSYNC never recorded final album
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt: 'Dark Knight Rises' conclusion was 'perfect ending'
- Actors Equity Association endorses Hillary Clinton