I can barely describe the wonders of Marwencol, Jeff Malmberg’s documentary about a man, brain-damaged following a near-fatal beating, who has built a fictional WWII-era Belgian town out of tiny props and Barbie-size dolls. He invents, photographs, and lives in his fantastical, deeply felt scenarios. This tender documentary considers the mysteries of both art and coping. A-
TOY SOLDIER A medic rescues a wounded major after an ambush by the SS in Marwencol (Mark E. Hogancamp)
Posted October 14 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Frank Langella sets Broadway return in 'The Father'
- Ja Rule and 50 Cent reignite their years-long feud
- ABC boss defends polarizing 'Grey's Anatomy' death
- 'Halo Wars 2' and more news from Microsoft's Gamescom conference
- Donald Trump biography gets early release date due to 'heightened interest'
- Simon Kinberg describes the new 'Star Wars' brain trust
- Kermit and Piggy announce breakup at TCA