I can barely describe the wonders of Marwencol, Jeff Malmberg’s documentary about a man, brain-damaged following a near-fatal beating, who has built a fictional WWII-era Belgian town out of tiny props and Barbie-size dolls. He invents, photographs, and lives in his fantastical, deeply felt scenarios. This tender documentary considers the mysteries of both art and coping. A-
TOY SOLDIER A medic rescues a wounded major after an ambush by the SS in Marwencol (Mark E. Hogancamp)
Posted October 14 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The X-Files': Mulder and Scully meet their doppelgängers in this exclusive clip
- Andrew Dice Clay talks 'Vinyl': 'Record company guys were out of their f---ing minds!'
- 'Dawson's Creek' revival not likely, says Katie Holmes
- 'The Force Awakens' characters to appear in new LEGO 'Star Wars' series
- See Aziz Ansari in a goofy retro sitcom parody of 'Master of None'
- The Week in J.K. Rowling: Still not a prequel, and more
- 'The Flash' trailer teases Zoom's identity