Travis Payne, the choreographer and associate director to Kenny Ortega on This Is It, and Kimberly Wyatt, an original member of the Pussycat Dolls who served as a judge on the British series upon which Live to Dance is based. It will be hosted by Andrew Günsberg (also known as Andrew G), apparently the Aussie Ryan Seacrest (he’s hosted Australian Idol, as well as the nationally syndicated radio countdown Take 40 Australia and Network Ten’s live New Year’s Eve broadcast). Okay, actually, that’s all the release says. It’s safe to assume the contestants dance, the panel critique them, and somehow, someone is eliminated. How are you feeling about the return of Paula now? Is there room in your heart for So You Think You Can Dance and Live to Dance? If the latter wanted to end comparisons to the former, perhaps they shouldn’t have gone with a foreign host. But Andrew G appears as hot and personable as Cat Deeley (watch a clip below of him talking to Pink about the dark songwriting of their youths and her desire for a butt lift), so he could be worth it…The first open casting call for Paula Abdul’s CBS reality-competition series Live to Dance takes place in New York City today (the second happens in L.A. on Oct. 28), and the network has released more information on the show, which will premiere in January. “Executive producer, lead expert and mentor” Abdul will be joined on the panel by
Posted January 18 2015 — 9:47 AM EST
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race': Our exclusive audience with the queen of second chances
- 'Bachelorette' first promo: This crazytown ain't big enough for the both of them
- 'Originals' boss breaks down latest shockers, previews a devastating finale
- 'Ant-Man' gets a tiny billboard campaign
- Django Django unveil trippy, magenta-hued video for 'Beginning to Fade'
- 'Agents of SHIELD' spinoff to star Adrianne Palicki, Nick Blood
- AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd pleads guilty
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Katy Perry, Tim & Faith, Blake Lively and More!