Travis Payne, the choreographer and associate director to Kenny Ortega on This Is It, and Kimberly Wyatt, an original member of the Pussycat Dolls who served as a judge on the British series upon which Live to Dance is based. It will be hosted by Andrew Günsberg (also known as Andrew G), apparently the Aussie Ryan Seacrest (he’s hosted Australian Idol, as well as the nationally syndicated radio countdown Take 40 Australia and Network Ten’s live New Year’s Eve broadcast). Okay, actually, that’s all the release says. It’s safe to assume the contestants dance, the panel critique them, and somehow, someone is eliminated. How are you feeling about the return of Paula now? Is there room in your heart for So You Think You Can Dance and Live to Dance? If the latter wanted to end comparisons to the former, perhaps they shouldn’t have gone with a foreign host. But Andrew G appears as hot and personable as Cat Deeley (watch a clip below of him talking to Pink about the dark songwriting of their youths and her desire for a butt lift), so he could be worth it…The first open casting call for Paula Abdul’s CBS reality-competition series Live to Dance takes place in New York City today (the second happens in L.A. on Oct. 28), and the network has released more information on the show, which will premiere in January. “Executive producer, lead expert and mentor” Abdul will be joined on the panel by
Posted October 14 2010 — 9:42 AM EDT
- How the novel 'Star Wars: Aftermath' sets up 'The Force Awakens'
- The lawsuit over 'Mr. Holmes' has been settled, attorney says
- Kristen Bell’s gift to Dax Shepard makes us all miss 'Parenthood'
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!