Travis Payne, the choreographer and associate director to Kenny Ortega on This Is It, and Kimberly Wyatt, an original member of the Pussycat Dolls who served as a judge on the British series upon which Live to Dance is based. It will be hosted by Andrew Günsberg (also known as Andrew G), apparently the Aussie Ryan Seacrest (he’s hosted Australian Idol, as well as the nationally syndicated radio countdown Take 40 Australia and Network Ten’s live New Year’s Eve broadcast). Okay, actually, that’s all the release says. It’s safe to assume the contestants dance, the panel critique them, and somehow, someone is eliminated. How are you feeling about the return of Paula now? Is there room in your heart for So You Think You Can Dance and Live to Dance? If the latter wanted to end comparisons to the former, perhaps they shouldn’t have gone with a foreign host. But Andrew G appears as hot and personable as Cat Deeley (watch a clip below of him talking to Pink about the dark songwriting of their youths and her desire for a butt lift), so he could be worth it…The first open casting call for Paula Abdul’s CBS reality-competition series Live to Dance takes place in New York City today (the second happens in L.A. on Oct. 28), and the network has released more information on the show, which will premiere in January. “Executive producer, lead expert and mentor” Abdul will be joined on the panel by
Posted October 14 2010 — 9:42 AM EDT
- A$AP Rocky's 'At.Long.Last.A$AP' to drop at midnight
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!