Prince announced tonight that he and his band, The New Power Generation, are kicking off a tour this December along with a number of other artists, the AP reports. Speaking to reporters at New York’s Apollo Theater, the 52-year-old multi-hyphenate said he will serve as master of ceremonies for “a series of events that will begin on a purple day in December, in the year 2010.” The “Welcome 2 America” bill will include Maceo Parker, Janelle Monae, Mint Condition, Esperanza Spalding, Lalah Hathaway, Sheila E., Cassandra Wilson, and Graham Central Station. “Bring friends, bring your children, and bring foot spray, cuz it’s gon’ be funky,” he said.
- 'The Flash' star Grant Gustin zooms through EW’s Pop Culture Personality Quiz
- The TV addict's guide to the must-see panels at New York Comic-Con 2015
- The next 'Far Cry' is a mammoth-hunting caveman adventure
- Ashley Judd alleges that she was sexually harassed by a studio mogul
- The modern relevancy of Monday night's surprise 'Gotham' twist
- Dateline to tell the stories of 27 women in 'Cosby Accusers Speak'
- Ryan Murphy has already asked Lady Gaga to join 'AHS' season 6