Prince announced tonight that he and his band, The New Power Generation, are kicking off a tour this December along with a number of other artists, the AP reports. Speaking to reporters at New York’s Apollo Theater, the 52-year-old multi-hyphenate said he will serve as master of ceremonies for “a series of events that will begin on a purple day in December, in the year 2010.” The “Welcome 2 America” bill will include Maceo Parker, Janelle Monae, Mint Condition, Esperanza Spalding, Lalah Hathaway, Sheila E., Cassandra Wilson, and Graham Central Station. “Bring friends, bring your children, and bring foot spray, cuz it’s gon’ be funky,” he said.
- Adrianne Palicki talks 'Agents of SHIELD' and Bobbi: 'a really interesting struggle for her'
- 'Justified': Jere Burns on Mikey's loyalty and THAT scene
- 'Being Mary Jane' director on portraying racism on TV
- 'Finding Carter' returns with its best hour yet
- 'Cougar Town' series finale: How the cul-de-sac crew said goodbye
- Casting Net: Hugh Jackman in 'Apostle Paul,' Stephen Amell in 'TMNT 2'
- Joni Mitchell hospitalized: Report
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!