Prince announced tonight that he and his band, The New Power Generation, are kicking off a tour this December along with a number of other artists, the AP reports. Speaking to reporters at New York’s Apollo Theater, the 52-year-old multi-hyphenate said he will serve as master of ceremonies for “a series of events that will begin on a purple day in December, in the year 2010.” The “Welcome 2 America” bill will include Maceo Parker, Janelle Monae, Mint Condition, Esperanza Spalding, Lalah Hathaway, Sheila E., Cassandra Wilson, and Graham Central Station. “Bring friends, bring your children, and bring foot spray, cuz it’s gon’ be funky,” he said.
- 'Fantastic Beasts': Peek inside NYC’s magical speakeasy, the Blind Pig
- Kanye West shares Kim Kardashian's adorable birthday video during show
- Hillary Clinton to join Jennifer Lopez at her Miami concert
- WATCH: Jack Osbourne on his 'awkward, terrible years' on family's reality show
- Bianca Del Rio nabs comedy special, 'Not Today Bianca'
- NBC eyes 'Will & Grace' revival in wake of successful election short
- '24: Legacy' trailer views catching up with 'This Is Us' record