Prince announced tonight that he and his band, The New Power Generation, are kicking off a tour this December along with a number of other artists, the AP reports. Speaking to reporters at New York’s Apollo Theater, the 52-year-old multi-hyphenate said he will serve as master of ceremonies for “a series of events that will begin on a purple day in December, in the year 2010.” The “Welcome 2 America” bill will include Maceo Parker, Janelle Monae, Mint Condition, Esperanza Spalding, Lalah Hathaway, Sheila E., Cassandra Wilson, and Graham Central Station. “Bring friends, bring your children, and bring foot spray, cuz it’s gon’ be funky,” he said.
- Cameron Dallas takes fans inside MAGCON in 'Chasing Cameron' trailer
- How Mike Birbiglia got President Obama to say 'poo'
- Pauley Perrette opens up about her recovery 1 year after attack
- 'Vampire Diaries': EP reveals one character was originally a succubus
- Abrams Books ceases publication of 'Bad Little Children's Books'
- The cast of 'Hairspray Live!' reveals bizarre pre-show rituals
- Lady Gaga reveals PTSD struggle during visit to LGBT homeless shelter
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners