Prince announced tonight that he and his band, The New Power Generation, are kicking off a tour this December along with a number of other artists, the AP reports. Speaking to reporters at New York’s Apollo Theater, the 52-year-old multi-hyphenate said he will serve as master of ceremonies for “a series of events that will begin on a purple day in December, in the year 2010.” The “Welcome 2 America” bill will include Maceo Parker, Janelle Monae, Mint Condition, Esperanza Spalding, Lalah Hathaway, Sheila E., Cassandra Wilson, and Graham Central Station. “Bring friends, bring your children, and bring foot spray, cuz it’s gon’ be funky,” he said.
- Ruby Rose blasts Kanye West in defense of Taylor Swift
- New 'Halo' toys, figures, and more coming from Mattel
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Big Bang Theory,' 'TWD,' 'Blindspot,' and more
- See an exclusive Valentine's Day clip from the new horror anthology 'Holidays'
- Behold! The original 6 survivors of 'The Walking Dead'
- 'Deadpool' director Tim Miller talks likes and dislikes and the best advice he got from David Fincher
- 'Downton Abbey' star Brendan Coyle pleads guilty to drunk driving