Werner Herzog pulled a pre-beard Joaquin Phoenix out of a car wreck, hip-hop star T.I. convinced a suicidal man not to jump from a 22-story building in Atlanta on Wednesday, the AP reports. The rapper had heard about the situation on the radio and drove over to see if he could help, offering to speak with the potential jumper if he would come down. “I told him it ain’t that bad. It’ll get better, to put the time and effort into making it better,” T.I. told the AP. “I just reminded him … that I know. It looks bad right now, but it can turn around.” This comes only two days before T.I. is scheduled to appear in court for a parole hearing stemming from a drug arrest earlier this year.He can do whatever he likes, and apparently what he likes to do is save lives. In the best celebrity heroism story since
Posted October 14 2010 — 9:25 AM EDT
- Tilda Swinton talks The Ancient One in 'Doctor Strange' sneak peek video
- J.K. Rowling saw Amy Schumer's stand-up show and loved it
- Adam Scott and Craig Robinson team up for paranormal comedy 'Ghosted'
- EW PopFest: Here's everything you need to know!
- Lance Bass 'disappointed' *NSYNC never recorded final album
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt: 'Dark Knight Rises' conclusion was 'perfect ending'
- Actors Equity Association endorses Hillary Clinton