Warner Bros., New Line Cinema and MGM have finally officially announced that Peter Jackson will direct J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit with production beginning in February 2011. The film is planned to be divided into two installments and will be shot in 3D. Said Jackson, “Exploring Tolkien’s Middle-earth goes way beyond a normal film-making experience. It’s an all-immersive journey into a very special place of imagination, beauty and drama. We’re looking forward to re-entering this wondrous world with Gandalf and Bilbo - and our friends at New Line Cinema, Warner Brothers and MGM”.
Posted October 16 2010 — 1:10 PM EDT
- Demi Lovato explains how she's like Nicki Minaj & Rihanna
- John Oliver: 'It's hard to overstate' Jon Stewart's influence on my career
- Watch Drake and LeBron James (almost) play kickball
- Simon Kinberg defends 'Fantastic 4': 'It’s not a disaster'
- Fall Out Boy, The Black Keys, and more are coming to 'Rock Band 4'
- EWwy Awards 2015: Sam Heughan, Andrew Lincoln face off
- Selena Gomez plays the villain in 'Bad Blood' behind-the-scenes clip