Warner Bros., New Line Cinema and MGM have finally officially announced that Peter Jackson will direct J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit with production beginning in February 2011. The film is planned to be divided into two installments and will be shot in 3D. Said Jackson, “Exploring Tolkien’s Middle-earth goes way beyond a normal film-making experience. It’s an all-immersive journey into a very special place of imagination, beauty and drama. We’re looking forward to re-entering this wondrous world with Gandalf and Bilbo - and our friends at New Line Cinema, Warner Brothers and MGM”.
Posted October 16 2010 — 1:10 PM EDT
- 'Hamilton' star Anthony Ramos lands in Spike Lee Netflix series
- Scott Snyder and Jeff Lemire team up for 'A.D.: After Death'
- Jesse Williams urges Americans to vote in powerful PSA
- Lifetime's Britney Spears biopic finds its Justin Timberlake
- Tom Petty named 2017 MusiCares Person of the Year
- The Weeknd ditches his former self in 'Starboy' video
- John Carpenter responds to supposed Rob Zombie feud: 'Let's move on'