Warner Bros., New Line Cinema and MGM have finally officially announced that Peter Jackson will direct J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit with production beginning in February 2011. The film is planned to be divided into two installments and will be shot in 3D. Said Jackson, “Exploring Tolkien’s Middle-earth goes way beyond a normal film-making experience. It’s an all-immersive journey into a very special place of imagination, beauty and drama. We’re looking forward to re-entering this wondrous world with Gandalf and Bilbo - and our friends at New Line Cinema, Warner Brothers and MGM”.
Posted October 16 2010 — 1:10 PM EDT
- 'American Crime Story' coming to Netflix in 2017
- Documentary about INXS singer Michael Hutchence is in the works
- 'Prison Break' clip shows the importance of a stick of gum
- Michael C. Hall to reprise Bowie's 'Lazarus' in London
- Britney Spears, U2, Drake, more to play iHeartRadio Music Festival
- ‘Halt and Catch Fire’ installs Matthew Lillard for season 3
- LCD Soundsystem close out inaugural Panorama Festival
- This Is What the First Lollapalooza Looked Like
- Comic-Con 2016: See Scenes From Marvel's Showcase
- Comic-Con 2016: See Portraits of Marvel Studios Stars
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 3 Panels
- Comic-Con 2016: Get Batty With the Cast of 'The Walking Dead'
- Comic-Con 2016 Star Portraits: Day 3