Warner Bros., New Line Cinema and MGM have finally officially announced that Peter Jackson will direct J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit with production beginning in February 2011. The film is planned to be divided into two installments and will be shot in 3D. Said Jackson, “Exploring Tolkien’s Middle-earth goes way beyond a normal film-making experience. It’s an all-immersive journey into a very special place of imagination, beauty and drama. We’re looking forward to re-entering this wondrous world with Gandalf and Bilbo - and our friends at New Line Cinema, Warner Brothers and MGM”.
Posted October 16 2010 — 1:10 PM EDT
- Trump rivals will get their equal air time on NBC stations
- 'NCIS' postmortem: Emily Wickersham reacts to Bishop's marriage troubles
- See the same-sex romance that was deleted from 'Love Actually'
- Kurt Cobain makes first Billboard chart appearance as solo artist
- Cynthia Robinson, Sly and the Family Stone co-founder, dies at 69
- Carly Rae Jepsen, Keke Palmer, and more hand jive in 'Grease: Live' First Look
- This is what the guy who voiced Arnold in 'Hey Arnold' looks like now