Warner Bros., New Line Cinema and MGM have finally officially announced that Peter Jackson will direct J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit with production beginning in February 2011. The film is planned to be divided into two installments and will be shot in 3D. Said Jackson, “Exploring Tolkien’s Middle-earth goes way beyond a normal film-making experience. It’s an all-immersive journey into a very special place of imagination, beauty and drama. We’re looking forward to re-entering this wondrous world with Gandalf and Bilbo - and our friends at New Line Cinema, Warner Brothers and MGM”.
Posted October 16 2010 — 1:10 PM EDT
- #MakeFilmsIntoTVShows Twitter trend was long overdue
- The Best of 2016 in entertainment, from A to Z
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2,' 'Bad Boys 4' set for Summer 2019
- Jennifer Lawrence can't believe Chris Pratt speaks German
- 'Justice League' director Zack Snyder eyeing 'The Last Photograph'
- 'An Inconvenient Truth' sequel debuting at Sundance in Jan. 2017
- Preview the opening scene of the 'Last Man on Earth' fall finale