President Barack Obama will appear on the Dec. 8 episode of Mythbusters, the Discovery Channel’s series that goes to all lengths to explain how science really works. In the episode, the president will challenge the show’s hosts, Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman, to explain the Greek legend of Archimedes, who is credited with setting the invading Roman navy on fire with only mirrors and reflected sunlight.
Posted October 18 2010 — 10:13 AM EDT
- 'Downton Abbey' boss breaks down season 5 finale's surprises
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer burning Q's on Emma
- 'Focus' is weekend's No. 1 movie: $19.1M
- 'Walking Dead': Tovah Feldshuh on her arrival as...
- 'Walking Dead' director Greg Nicotero on 'Remember'--and the scenes we didn't see
- Margot Robbie's 'Focus' audition: 'craziest 24 hours'
- Leonard Nimoy's Mr. Spock: A tribute to the humane spirit