Scream 4 director Wes Craven was surprised by reports that Courteney Cox and David Arquette were separating, according to E!. At the Spike TV Scream Awards, the director said, “We didn’t have any idea that was going on,” during filming. The couple, who fell in love on the set of the original Scream, had apparently demonstrated no marital strain during production of the sequel, which is due in April. “It’s very sad,” said Craven. “I just about cried when I heard. It’s a wrenching thing to happen to anybody that you love.”
Posted October 18 2010 — 11:14 AM EDT
- Chris Rock announces first stand-up tour in 9 years
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' trailer: Humans and Transformers face off
- George R.R. Martin on 'Winds of Winter': 'Things are getting worse'
- 'Green Hornet' star Van Williams dies at 82
- 'Baywatch' is hitting the beach on Memorial Day weekend
- Beyoncé was already a star at age 10, unearthed footage proves
- See Madonna twerk to 'Bitch I'm Madonna' on Carpool Karaoke
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday