Scream 4 director Wes Craven was surprised by reports that Courteney Cox and David Arquette were separating, according to E!. At the Spike TV Scream Awards, the director said, “We didn’t have any idea that was going on,” during filming. The couple, who fell in love on the set of the original Scream, had apparently demonstrated no marital strain during production of the sequel, which is due in April. “It’s very sad,” said Craven. “I just about cried when I heard. It’s a wrenching thing to happen to anybody that you love.”
Posted October 18 2010 — 11:14 AM EDT
- 'Mean Girls' star on sequel: 'Can we do this already?!'
- 'Supergirl': Chris Wood on whether Mon-El is 'superhero material'
- Bob Dylan finally acknowledges his Nobel Prize
- Why 'Pumpkinhead' is the perfect Halloween movie
- New 'Rambo' movie in the works without Sylvester Stallone
- 'The Big Lebowski' spin-off first look: John Turturro returns
- 'The Exorcist' cast reveals creepy activity on series set