Following news that Max Weinberg would not be joining Conan O’Brien for his new TBS show, the late-night host announced that his new in-house music will be performed by The Basic Cable Band, led by guitarist Jimmy Vivino, who worked with O’Brien on The Tonight Show and Late Night with Conan O’Brien. The band also includes other familiar faces: Scott Healy (keyboards), Mike Merritt (bass), Mark Pender (trumpet), Richie “LaBamba” Rosenberg (trombone), James Wormworth (drums), as well as Jerry Vivino (saxophone, woodwinds and vocals). O’Brien’s self-titled late night show debuts Nov. 8.
Posted October 19 2010 — 12:51 PM EDT
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- Obama talks 'The Wire' with David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers Meron, Zadan moving on
- Craig T. Nelson back as Hayden Fox in NBC 'Coach' revival
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!