Following news that Max Weinberg would not be joining Conan O’Brien for his new TBS show, the late-night host announced that his new in-house music will be performed by The Basic Cable Band, led by guitarist Jimmy Vivino, who worked with O’Brien on The Tonight Show and Late Night with Conan O’Brien. The band also includes other familiar faces: Scott Healy (keyboards), Mike Merritt (bass), Mark Pender (trumpet), Richie “LaBamba” Rosenberg (trombone), James Wormworth (drums), as well as Jerry Vivino (saxophone, woodwinds and vocals). O’Brien’s self-titled late night show debuts Nov. 8.
Posted October 19 2010 — 12:51 PM EDT
- 'Mission: Impossible — Rogue Nation': What are the critics saying?
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- 'Descendants' react: Did the tale about junior Disney villains cast a spell?
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Michael & Kate, Michelle Rodriguez, Joss Stone and More!