Following news that Max Weinberg would not be joining Conan O’Brien for his new TBS show, the late-night host announced that his new in-house music will be performed by The Basic Cable Band, led by guitarist Jimmy Vivino, who worked with O’Brien on The Tonight Show and Late Night with Conan O’Brien. The band also includes other familiar faces: Scott Healy (keyboards), Mike Merritt (bass), Mark Pender (trumpet), Richie “LaBamba” Rosenberg (trombone), James Wormworth (drums), as well as Jerry Vivino (saxophone, woodwinds and vocals). O’Brien’s self-titled late night show debuts Nov. 8.
Posted October 19 2010 — 12:51 PM EDT
- 'Magic Mike XXL' reviews: What are the critics saying?
- Quentin Tarantino meets 'The Ten Commandments' in new comic: EW exclusive First Look
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse': See concept art of the villain's tomb
- Conan saw a midnight screening of 'Magic Mike XXL' with the women on his staff
- 'Legends of Tomorrow' First Look: See exclusive concept art of the team of heroes (and villains) in battle
- A brief history of sharks in pop culture
- 'The Last Witch Hunter' exclusive: Vin Diesel plays immortal warrior in new D&D inspired fantasy