Following news that Max Weinberg would not be joining Conan O’Brien for his new TBS show, the late-night host announced that his new in-house music will be performed by The Basic Cable Band, led by guitarist Jimmy Vivino, who worked with O’Brien on The Tonight Show and Late Night with Conan O’Brien. The band also includes other familiar faces: Scott Healy (keyboards), Mike Merritt (bass), Mark Pender (trumpet), Richie “LaBamba” Rosenberg (trombone), James Wormworth (drums), as well as Jerry Vivino (saxophone, woodwinds and vocals). O’Brien’s self-titled late night show debuts Nov. 8.
Posted October 19 2010 — 12:51 PM EDT
- Cannes 2015: Jacques Audiard's 'Dheepan' wins the Palme d'Or
- ‘Tomorrowland’ leads slow Memorial Day weekend at box office
- Jennifer Aniston's '90s throwback photo is picture perfect
- Straight No Chaser step into Jim Nabors' shoes, sing to kick off the Indy 500
- Dave Grohl joins Paul McCartney on London stage: Watch
- Kelly Rutherford gets sole custody of kids
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!