At a Los Angeles screening for his 35-minute film, Runaway, Kanye West revealed to his audience that he had contemplated suicide before dismissing it as a possibility in the future. According to the AP, the 33-year-old singer-filmmaker said that he’d lost four parental figures in the last three years, including his mother, Donda, in 2007. “I will not give up on life again,” said West. “There’s so many people that will never get the chance to have their voice heard … I do [my work] for them.”
Posted October 19 2010 — 10:14 AM EDT
- 'Last Tango in Paris' director admits butter rape scene wasn't consensual
- 'Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite' will pit Iron Man against Megaman X in 2017
- 6 show-stopping highlights from 'VH1 Divas: Unsilent Night'
- Twitter's #MakeABandLazy helps musicians settle in for a nap
- Elton John confirms there is 'no truth' to retirement rumors
- Powerful new ad spotlights gun violence warning signs people miss
- Mark Wahlberg feels 'celebrities did, do, and shouldn't' talk about politics
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big