To paraphrase the legendary disco act Andrea True Connection – as I am regularly inclined to do – sometimes you’ve got to “Get the cameras rolling/ Get the action going.” Or, perhaps more importantly, you’ve got to keep the cameras rolling. Which is exactly what I did earlier this week after taping American Idol season 8 champ Kris Allen’s acoustic performance of his new single “Alright With Me” at the Room Mate Grace Hotel in Manhattan. Lucky for me (and for all of us, really), Kris and his buddy Cale Mills started noodling around on their guitars, and before I knew it, they’d begun an acoustic-reggae rendition of the much maligned Idol victory anthem “No Boundaries.” Yeah, there’s still that line about weathering the hurricane, but – and I am shocked to say this in public – the Kara DioGuardi-penned ditty doesn’t sound too bad! Ch-ch-check it out, and click here if you missed the aforementioned (and totally legendary) Idolatry rendition of “Alright With Me.” (Oh, and for all my Idoloonie news and commentary, follow me on Twitter @EWMichaelSlezak!)
Posted October 20 2010 — 11:48 PM EDT
- Blair Underwood returning to 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'
- 'Wet Hot American Summer': The crazy story behind the cult classic
- Cara Delevingne responds to John Green's essay about rude interview
- Rachel Dratch, Holland Taylor join world premiere of 'Ripcord'
- Julie Klausner and Billy Eichner are truly 'Difficult People' in first trailer
- 'Law & Order' cast describes their show in 30 seconds
- Luke Perry reacts to Lifetime’s 'Unauthorized Beverly Hills, 90210' project
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!