To paraphrase the legendary disco act Andrea True Connection – as I am regularly inclined to do – sometimes you’ve got to “Get the cameras rolling/ Get the action going.” Or, perhaps more importantly, you’ve got to keep the cameras rolling. Which is exactly what I did earlier this week after taping American Idol season 8 champ Kris Allen’s acoustic performance of his new single “Alright With Me” at the Room Mate Grace Hotel in Manhattan. Lucky for me (and for all of us, really), Kris and his buddy Cale Mills started noodling around on their guitars, and before I knew it, they’d begun an acoustic-reggae rendition of the much maligned Idol victory anthem “No Boundaries.” Yeah, there’s still that line about weathering the hurricane, but – and I am shocked to say this in public – the Kara DioGuardi-penned ditty doesn’t sound too bad! Ch-ch-check it out, and click here if you missed the aforementioned (and totally legendary) Idolatry rendition of “Alright With Me.” (Oh, and for all my Idoloonie news and commentary, follow me on Twitter @EWMichaelSlezak!)
Posted October 20 2010 — 11:48 PM EDT
- A$AP Rocky dropped his new album at midnight
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- George & Amal, Prince Harry, Ansel Elgort & More!