will appear on The Daily Show Oct. 27, a nice coup for Jon Stewart and company that surely makes the expense of shooting in D.C. that week worth it. The scheduled chat lends a major boost to Stewart’s “Rally to Restore Sanity” – set for three days later on the National Mall – even as it seems to push its stated centrist agenda a bit to the left. Of course, the visit is also part of a larger media push for the beleaguered president as we head toward contentious Nov. 2 midterm elections: Obama – who last appeared on The Daily Show while still a candidate in 2008 – recently taped an appearance on The Discovery Channel’s Mythbusters to highlight the importance of science, and last week held an on-air town-hall meeting for MTV, BET, and CMT.President Obama
Posted October 20 2010 — 11:55 AM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Can the team work with Daisy and Ghost Rider?
- Trump launches surreal nightly newscast
- Carpool Karaoke: Lady Gaga sings 'Bad Romance' with James Corden
- President Obama reads mean tweets on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' (again)
- Carrie Underwood's debut album 'Some Hearts' sets country record
- All the stars Donald Trump slammed on Twitter during his run for president
- Matt LeBlanc on beginning 'Man With a Plan' and ending 'Episodes'