Actor Randy Quaid and his wife Evi were arrested in Vancouver on Wednesday for immigration violations charges after recently skipping a court date in California. The actor, 60, and his wife, 47, are set to appear before a Canadian Immigration and Refugee Board hearing this afternoon, a spokesman for the department told CTV News. The headline-grabbing couple originally made news back in September when they were charged with felony burglary on suspicion of illegally squatting in the guest house of a California home they owned in the 1990s. Evi was also charged with resisting arrest. Earlier this week, a judge in Santa Barbara issued $50,000 bench warrants when the Quaids failed to show for their arraignment hearing. Celebrity bounty hunter Duane ‘Dog’ Chapman issued a public challenge to the couple on Thursday night, urging Quaid to turn himself in or he would capture them personally. Quaid is best known for his Oscar-nominated role in 1973’s The Last Detail and for playing the wacky cousin Eddie in National Lampoon’s Vacation movies. He is also the brother of actor Dennis Quaid.
Posted October 22 2010 — 4:16 PM EDT
- Patton Oswalt on his wife's death: 'Grief is an attack on life'
- The Shins share music video for new song, 'Dead Alive'
- Emily Barr previews new YA novel, 'The One Memory of Flora Banks'
- Niall Horan plays Would You Rather? on 'Ellen'
- WATCH: A bachelor party turns bloody in horror film 'SiREN' — exclusive
- 'Muppet Babies' series revival a go at Disney Junior
- Warren Beatty plays Howard Hughes in final 'Rules Don't Apply' trailer
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like