On last year’s zany She Wolf, Shakira made a move toward the American dance floor. This time she sticks closer to home, recruiting Puerto Rico’s Calle 13 and the Dominican rapper El Cata. Yet Sale el Sol still demonstrates Shakira’s boldly global mindset: On ”Mariposas,” she breezes through a melody Hall & Oates might admire, while ”Tu Boca” sounds like English post-punk (Nuevo Order?). Then there’s her cover of ”Islands,” by London’s ultracool the xx, on which she discovers the beating heart inside that band’s subdued electro-goth jam. A
Sale el SolOn last year's zany She Wolf, Shakira made a move toward the American dance floor. This time she sticks closer to home, recruiting Puerto Rico's...Sale el SolPopOn last year's zany She Wolf, Shakira made a move toward the American dance floor. This time she sticks closer to home, recruiting Puerto Rico's...2010-10-25
ADDICTED TO HER Shakira
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: Shakira
Posted October 25 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kelly Rowland wants to find the next Destiny's Child
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Diana Douglas, mother of Michael Douglas and ex-wife of Kirk Douglas, dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- Lil Wayne: 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!