On last year’s zany She Wolf, Shakira made a move toward the American dance floor. This time she sticks closer to home, recruiting Puerto Rico’s Calle 13 and the Dominican rapper El Cata. Yet Sale el Sol still demonstrates Shakira’s boldly global mindset: On ”Mariposas,” she breezes through a melody Hall & Oates might admire, while ”Tu Boca” sounds like English post-punk (Nuevo Order?). Then there’s her cover of ”Islands,” by London’s ultracool the xx, on which she discovers the beating heart inside that band’s subdued electro-goth jam. A
Sale el SolOn last year's zany She Wolf, Shakira made a move toward the American dance floor. This time she sticks closer to home, recruiting Puerto Rico's...Sale el SolPopOn last year's zany She Wolf, Shakira made a move toward the American dance floor. This time she sticks closer to home, recruiting Puerto Rico's...2010-10-25
ADDICTED TO HER Shakira
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: Shakira
Posted October 25 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!