On last year’s zany She Wolf, Shakira made a move toward the American dance floor. This time she sticks closer to home, recruiting Puerto Rico’s Calle 13 and the Dominican rapper El Cata. Yet Sale el Sol still demonstrates Shakira’s boldly global mindset: On ”Mariposas,” she breezes through a melody Hall & Oates might admire, while ”Tu Boca” sounds like English post-punk (Nuevo Order?). Then there’s her cover of ”Islands,” by London’s ultracool the xx, on which she discovers the beating heart inside that band’s subdued electro-goth jam. A
Sale el SolOn last year's zany She Wolf, Shakira made a move toward the American dance floor. This time she sticks closer to home, recruiting Puerto Rico's...Sale el SolPopOn last year's zany She Wolf, Shakira made a move toward the American dance floor. This time she sticks closer to home, recruiting Puerto Rico's...2010-10-25
ADDICTED TO HER Shakira
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: Shakira
Posted October 25 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- President Obama talks 'The Wire' with creator David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers won't return; Academy to search for new showrunners
- NBC reviving Coach with Craig T. Nelson
- '12 Monkeys' boss answers some burning questions
- 'The Founder' starring Michael Keaton gets November 2016 release
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!