Real-life father and son Robert and Robin Hill play a surreal father and son heading up a flea-bitten crime family in Down Terrace, a dark and hilarious thwomping of the whole miserablist British gangster genre. It’s an outstanding first feature from filmmaker Ben Wheatley, who ascribes the real crime to demented family dysfunction and the tantrums of adult children who behave like big babies (a comic specialty of the younger Hill). While bodies pile up, Mum (Julia Deakin) brews bloody endless cups of tea. A-
FATHER-SON TIME Robert Hill and Robin Hill in Down Terrace
Release Date Wide: 10/08/2010; Runtime (in minutes): 89; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted October 27 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Survivor' players on the most shameless thing they did for fan votes
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!