Real-life father and son Robert and Robin Hill play a surreal father and son heading up a flea-bitten crime family in Down Terrace, a dark and hilarious thwomping of the whole miserablist British gangster genre. It’s an outstanding first feature from filmmaker Ben Wheatley, who ascribes the real crime to demented family dysfunction and the tantrums of adult children who behave like big babies (a comic specialty of the younger Hill). While bodies pile up, Mum (Julia Deakin) brews bloody endless cups of tea. A-
FATHER-SON TIME Robert Hill and Robin Hill in Down Terrace
Release Date Wide: 10/08/2010; Runtime (in minutes): 89; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted October 27 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Mark Hamill to return as The Joker for 'The Killing Joke'
- Hugh Jackman shares final ‘Wolverine’ teaser image
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- HBO developing new Wild West drama series 'Untamed'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Matthew & Keri, Katy Perry, Cate Blanchett & More!