Roger Rees, who won a Tony Award for his role in The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby, will take over Nathan Lane’s role as Gomez Addams in Broadway’s The Addams Family, beginning March 22, 2011. Rees will star alongside his good pal and longtime professional colleague Bebe Neuwirth, who originated the role of Morticia Addams when the show began its pre-Broadway engagement in Chicago in November 2009. Rees and Neuwirth co-starred for several years on the NBC sitcom Cheers—Neuwirth as Dr. Lilith Sternin Crane and he as Robin Colcord—and recently worked together on the Kurt Weill revue Here Lies Jenny. Lane’s final performance will be March 6, 2011.
Posted October 29 2010 — 9:56 AM EDT
- John Krasinski to narrate Disney nature film 'Born in China'
- 'Fresh Off the Boat': Rich Blomquist praises the casting, condemns Tamagotchis
- Why Chris Pratt retired his go-to karaoke song
- Meyers' writers take on black Santa in Jokes Seth Can't Tell segment
- Donald Trump is TIME's Person of the Year
- Ryan Adams announces new album and releases first song
- Donald Trump explains 'SNL' hate: 'It's a terrible show'
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans