A conversation about California’s Prop 19, which would legalize marijuana in the state, took an interesting turn on HBO’s Real Time with Bill Maher Friday night when guest Zach Galifianakis lit up a joint. “It’s a tricky thing politically to jump on that bandwagon ‘cause I think that maybe people see it as taboo still,” Galifianakis said before pulling out his lighter. He passed the joint to highly amused O’Reilly Factor regular Margaret Hoover, who smelled it and said, “It’s the real thing.” (That’s a sentiment she echoed when she later tweeted a link to the video. A rep for Galifianakis, however, was less certain when contacted by EW, saying, “I believe it was a prop.” A rep for HBO insisted it was a fake.) Galifianakis did have a punchline to the stunt. “Ohmygod, look at those dragons!” he yelled a few seconds later. “That’s my point. I think that’s what people think of it.” Watch the clip below.
Posted January 18 2015 — 9:47 AM EST
- 'Fantastic Four' trailer arrives with hints of Doom
- 'Star Wars: Rogue One' will depict raid to steal original Death Star plans
- 'Furious 7' holds off 'Paul Blart' to win box office for third weekend in a row
- Victoria Justice breaks news to fans on Twitter: 'Eye Candy' canceled by MTV
- Jon Stewart explains why he quit 'The Daily Show'
- Jason Sudeikis: Now (Tribeca), then ('SNL'), future ('Fletch'?)
- 'Outlander' boss on Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Kellie Pickler, Julia Roberts, Taylor Swift & More!