A conversation about California’s Prop 19, which would legalize marijuana in the state, took an interesting turn on HBO’s Real Time with Bill Maher Friday night when guest Zach Galifianakis lit up a joint. “It’s a tricky thing politically to jump on that bandwagon ‘cause I think that maybe people see it as taboo still,” Galifianakis said before pulling out his lighter. He passed the joint to highly amused O’Reilly Factor regular Margaret Hoover, who smelled it and said, “It’s the real thing.” (That’s a sentiment she echoed when she later tweeted a link to the video. A rep for Galifianakis, however, was less certain when contacted by EW, saying, “I believe it was a prop.” A rep for HBO insisted it was a fake.) Galifianakis did have a punchline to the stunt. “Ohmygod, look at those dragons!” he yelled a few seconds later. “That’s my point. I think that’s what people think of it.” Watch the clip below.
Posted November 1 2010 — 9:42 AM EDT
- 'Wayward Pines' exec producer Chad Hodge explains Ethan's evolution
- 'Graceland' costar Vanessa Ferlito breaks down 'Chester Cheeto' and Charlie's big lie
- Sean Combs UCLA fight: No felony charge
- Casting Net: Mark Wahlberg, Peter Berg to reteam for 'Mile 22'
- Channing Tatum is 21 and adorable in this video from Fashion Week 2002
- Taylor Swift's '1989' leads Nielsen's mid-year charts, naturally
- Disney princes get a Magic Mike makeover