A conversation about California’s Prop 19, which would legalize marijuana in the state, took an interesting turn on HBO’s Real Time with Bill Maher Friday night when guest Zach Galifianakis lit up a joint. “It’s a tricky thing politically to jump on that bandwagon ‘cause I think that maybe people see it as taboo still,” Galifianakis said before pulling out his lighter. He passed the joint to highly amused O’Reilly Factor regular Margaret Hoover, who smelled it and said, “It’s the real thing.” (That’s a sentiment she echoed when she later tweeted a link to the video. A rep for Galifianakis, however, was less certain when contacted by EW, saying, “I believe it was a prop.” A rep for HBO insisted it was a fake.) Galifianakis did have a punchline to the stunt. “Ohmygod, look at those dragons!” he yelled a few seconds later. “That’s my point. I think that’s what people think of it.” Watch the clip below.
Posted November 1 2010 — 9:42 AM EDT
- Funko shares sneak peek at 'Suicide Squad' figures at Toy Fair 2016
- Jennifer Lawrence donates $2 million to Kentucky children's hospital
- Adam McKay recounts how Johnny Depp agreed to play Trump
- See Adele photobomb fans in 'Live in London' concert special
- Ben Stiller on the death of his mother, Anne Meara: 'It affects me constantly'
- Paul Rudd & Steve Coogan to play a couple in 'An Ideal Home'
- Chris Rock brings the wine for a Shondaland Oscars in new promos