A conversation about California’s Prop 19, which would legalize marijuana in the state, took an interesting turn on HBO’s Real Time with Bill Maher Friday night when guest Zach Galifianakis lit up a joint. “It’s a tricky thing politically to jump on that bandwagon ‘cause I think that maybe people see it as taboo still,” Galifianakis said before pulling out his lighter. He passed the joint to highly amused O’Reilly Factor regular Margaret Hoover, who smelled it and said, “It’s the real thing.” (That’s a sentiment she echoed when she later tweeted a link to the video. A rep for Galifianakis, however, was less certain when contacted by EW, saying, “I believe it was a prop.” A rep for HBO insisted it was a fake.) Galifianakis did have a punchline to the stunt. “Ohmygod, look at those dragons!” he yelled a few seconds later. “That’s my point. I think that’s what people think of it.” Watch the clip below.
Posted November 1 2010 — 9:42 AM EDT
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!