Director Marc Webb (500 Days of Summer) continues casting Sony’s Spider-Man revamp, slated for 2012. EW.com has confirmed that the helmer has tapped Martin Sheen (The West Wing, Apocalypse Now) to play the role of Uncle Ben, who famously (and tragically) taught the wall-crawler the maxim that would guide his heroic career: “With great power comes great responsibility.” Webb has already placed Andrew Garfield (The Social Network) in the role of Spidey and Emma Stone (Easy A) in the part of Peter’s love interest, Gwen Stacy.
Posted November 4 2010 — 8:47 PM EDT
- 'Tyrant' renewed for season 3
- AMC renews 'Halt and Catch Fire' for third season
- The 10 most influential pop culture moments since 1990
- 'Nashville': Lennon and Maisy on 'How Can I Help You Say Goodbye'
- Matt Bomer dishes on getting naked for 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'Wolf by Wolf' author Ryan Graudin shares an excerpt and reveals plans for a sequel -- exclusive
- See how special effects helped bring 'Sicario' to life