Director Marc Webb (500 Days of Summer) continues casting Sony’s Spider-Man revamp, slated for 2012. EW.com has confirmed that the helmer has tapped Martin Sheen (The West Wing, Apocalypse Now) to play the role of Uncle Ben, who famously (and tragically) taught the wall-crawler the maxim that would guide his heroic career: “With great power comes great responsibility.” Webb has already placed Andrew Garfield (The Social Network) in the role of Spidey and Emma Stone (Easy A) in the part of Peter’s love interest, Gwen Stacy.
Posted November 4 2010 — 8:47 PM EDT
- Megyn Kelly on her issue with the word 'feminist'
- The 17 most essential 1970s love songs
- Nominated for Nothing: 'Beasts of No Nation'
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Watch the aftermath of Meredith's brutal attack
- Margot Robbie gave someone a misspelled 'Suicide Squad' tattoo
- Beyoncé's Super Bowl dancers honor Black Panthers and Black Lives Matter
- James Corden is a buzzkill roommate in Budweiser 'Whassup' parody