Julien Hug, the Bachelorette contestant found dead earlier this week, committed suicide, according to his family. People received the following statement from Hug’s family: “In his letter to us, he stated that he was suffering from acute depression and he felt it was his one way out … While publicly outgoing, he was an extremely private person who internalized everything.” The 35-year-old reality show contestant, who was discovered in a remote section of the San Bernardino National Forest in Southern California, competed on season 5 of The Bachelorette, which starred Jillian Harris. (Harris tweeted about Hug’s death the day he was found.) “What we see now is the immense amount of love that everyone has for him,” his parents said in the statement. “This is an honored tribute to what an amazing person he was, and we thank everyone for their love, prayers, and continued support.”
Posted November 5 2010 — 5:20 PM EDT
- Jon Stewart takes on criticism against Supreme Court marriage equality decision
- Vanessa Bayer nails an impression of this 'Friends' character
- Kids share their thoughts on marriage equality on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Evangeline Lilly reveals pregnancy
- Julia Roberts seeks justice for an unspeakable murder in 'Secret in Their Eyes'
- Here's a supercut of movie characters flipping the bird
- Jewel goes full '90s and covers Backstreet Boys' 'I Want It That Way'