Julien Hug, the Bachelorette contestant found dead earlier this week, committed suicide, according to his family. People received the following statement from Hug’s family: “In his letter to us, he stated that he was suffering from acute depression and he felt it was his one way out … While publicly outgoing, he was an extremely private person who internalized everything.” The 35-year-old reality show contestant, who was discovered in a remote section of the San Bernardino National Forest in Southern California, competed on season 5 of The Bachelorette, which starred Jillian Harris. (Harris tweeted about Hug’s death the day he was found.) “What we see now is the immense amount of love that everyone has for him,” his parents said in the statement. “This is an honored tribute to what an amazing person he was, and we thank everyone for their love, prayers, and continued support.”
Posted January 18 2015 — 5:51 AM EST
- 'Once Upon a Time' reveals what happened to Maleficent's child
- iHeart Radio Music Awards 2015: And the winners are...
- 'Mad Max: Fury Road' posts quartet of short teasers
- Gene Saks, Tony-winning director, dies
- Scientology doc 'Going Clear' airing Sunday on HBO
- Kids' Choice Awards 2015: See who got slimed
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!