Julien Hug, the Bachelorette contestant found dead earlier this week, committed suicide, according to his family. People received the following statement from Hug’s family: “In his letter to us, he stated that he was suffering from acute depression and he felt it was his one way out … While publicly outgoing, he was an extremely private person who internalized everything.” The 35-year-old reality show contestant, who was discovered in a remote section of the San Bernardino National Forest in Southern California, competed on season 5 of The Bachelorette, which starred Jillian Harris. (Harris tweeted about Hug’s death the day he was found.) “What we see now is the immense amount of love that everyone has for him,” his parents said in the statement. “This is an honored tribute to what an amazing person he was, and we thank everyone for their love, prayers, and continued support.”
Posted November 5 2010 — 5:20 PM EDT
- Bones, Sleepy Hollow crossover date revealed
- Disney chief on 'Star Wars' box office: Don’t get cocky
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: tWitch on why Team Street is 'squad dreams supreme'
- Darren Criss in talks for 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Chris Hyndman, CBC talk show host, dies at 49
- ‘Wicked City’ producers say oral sex murder scene is ‘not violence porn’
- Final season of cult U.K. sitcom 'Peep Show' starts shooting