Julien Hug, the Bachelorette contestant found dead earlier this week, committed suicide, according to his family. People received the following statement from Hug’s family: “In his letter to us, he stated that he was suffering from acute depression and he felt it was his one way out … While publicly outgoing, he was an extremely private person who internalized everything.” The 35-year-old reality show contestant, who was discovered in a remote section of the San Bernardino National Forest in Southern California, competed on season 5 of The Bachelorette, which starred Jillian Harris. (Harris tweeted about Hug’s death the day he was found.) “What we see now is the immense amount of love that everyone has for him,” his parents said in the statement. “This is an honored tribute to what an amazing person he was, and we thank everyone for their love, prayers, and continued support.”
Posted November 5 2010 — 5:20 PM EDT
- Will Forte on that surprise celebrity cameo in 'Last Man on Earth'
- 'Quantico' boss talks the agent vs. analysts dynamic, teases next week's episode
- Josh Stamberg on going full frontal on 'The Affair': 'It's a weird day at work'
- Did the 'Fear the Walking Dead' season finale satisfy?
- See the new trailer for Martin Scorsese's HBO series, 'Vinyl'
- 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine': The 9 best lines from 'The Funeral'
- How 'Blindspot' is hiding more clues in plain sight