Julien Hug, the Bachelorette contestant found dead earlier this week, committed suicide, according to his family. People received the following statement from Hug’s family: “In his letter to us, he stated that he was suffering from acute depression and he felt it was his one way out … While publicly outgoing, he was an extremely private person who internalized everything.” The 35-year-old reality show contestant, who was discovered in a remote section of the San Bernardino National Forest in Southern California, competed on season 5 of The Bachelorette, which starred Jillian Harris. (Harris tweeted about Hug’s death the day he was found.) “What we see now is the immense amount of love that everyone has for him,” his parents said in the statement. “This is an honored tribute to what an amazing person he was, and we thank everyone for their love, prayers, and continued support.”
Posted November 5 2010 — 5:20 PM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles