Keith Olbermann has been suspended “indefinitely without pay” for making campaign donations to three Democratic candidates. In a statement, network president Phil Griffin said, “I became aware of Keith’s political contributions late last night. Mindful of NBC News policy and standards, I have suspended him indefinitely without pay.” According to a report in Politico, the host of Countdown gave the maximum legal contribution ($2,400) to Arizona congressman Raul Grijalva, Arizona congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, and Kentucky attorney general Jack Conway. According to a spokesperson from MSNBC, Chris Hayes of The Nation will host Countdown this evening.
Posted November 5 2010 — 2:28 PM EDT
- Did 'The Flash' just introduce Black Flash?
- 'X-Men': Tour Charles Xavier's mansion in '80s parody video
- FX's The Americans to end in 2018
- 'Fast & Furious' producer recalls the franchise's beginnings
- What to Watch Wednesday: Follow 'The Path'
- Pop Culture of My Life: Julianna Margulies on Judy Blume and more
- WATCH: Bill Paxton says he's 'not a nice guy,' loves to play villains