Keith Olbermann has been suspended “indefinitely without pay” for making campaign donations to three Democratic candidates. In a statement, network president Phil Griffin said, “I became aware of Keith’s political contributions late last night. Mindful of NBC News policy and standards, I have suspended him indefinitely without pay.” According to a report in Politico, the host of Countdown gave the maximum legal contribution ($2,400) to Arizona congressman Raul Grijalva, Arizona congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, and Kentucky attorney general Jack Conway. According to a spokesperson from MSNBC, Chris Hayes of The Nation will host Countdown this evening.
Posted November 5 2010 — 2:28 PM EDT
- 'Bob's Burgers' renewed for two more seasons
- Janis Joplin documentary gets November release date
- Strong return for 'The Flash;' female teens still dig 'Scream Queens'
- 'Blood & Oil' casts Hap's ex-wife — exclusive
- Julianne Moore praises the real-life people who inspired 'Freeheld'
- Hey, Tom Hanks: Lauren from Fordham University has been found
- 'Aladdin' honest trailer reminds us why it's really Genie's movie