The episode of Bones that will plant the seed for a potential spin-off is still a go, but production on it has been moved from December to early 2011, Fox confirms to EW. News of the delay was first reported by Michael Ausiello, whose source told him “creative reasons” were to blame. Fox would not comment on the cause of the schedule change, but Bones creator Hart Hanson did type a telling (and humorous) tweet on Nov. 4 that said, “I received studio notes on the Bones spin-off idea. They want it to be better. Unreasonable taskmasters. Impossible dreamers. Neo-platonists.” The episode will introduce tracker Walter Sherman, the central figure in “The Locator” novels by Richard Greener. In the books, Sherman is a Vietnam vet, but in the Bones world, Sherman will be a former military policeman who served in Iraq with Booth (David Boreanaz). Just as Booth didn’t originally get along with socially-challenged Brennan, he and Sherman — who suffered brain damage overseas that left him “skeptical of every statement” — will butt heads. Brennan, on the other hand, will be fascinated by him. Fox confirms the casting of Sherman is underway.
Posted January 18 2015 — 5:51 AM EST
- 'Person of Interest' post-mortem: Showrunners talk emotional finale and the return of Taraji P. Henson
- 'Agents of SHIELD': Inside the tie-in to 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'
- 'Person of Interest' season 4 finale react: A new world order
- 'Forever' exec producer on Henry's secret--safe or out?
- Casting Net: Ashton Kutcher, Josh Hartnett cast in James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Tom Brokaw vs. cancer: 'Dateline' special
- 'New Girl' react: A modest proposal
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!