Publicity-seeking hyperbole to the contrary, this provocative hot-topic documentary by Ondi Timoner (Dig!, We Live in Public), positioned as a response to An Inconvenient Truth, doesn’t deny that global warming exists. Rather, based on the writings of the controversial Danish self-styled ”skeptical environmentalist” Bjorn Lomborg, Cool It posits that the situation isn’t as dire as Al Gore and his peeps declare. And furthermore, green-is-good solutions, including the cutting of carbon emissions and the screwing in of CFL lightbulbs, amount to little. The telegenic Lomborg is the on-camera ”star” of the show, while his angry critics growl on cue. B-
ICE MAN Bjorn Lomborg isn't so sure about global warming in Cool It
Genre: Documentary; Director: Ondi Timoner; Release Date Limited: 11/12/2010; MPAA Rating: PG
Posted November 9 2010 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The Exorcist' cast reveals creepy activity on series set
- 'Edge of Tomorrow 2' is 'a sequel that's a prequel,' director says
- Destiny's Child fans freak out over new official Instagram account
- Preview Stephen King's children's book 'Charlie the Choo-Choo'
- Leslie Odom Jr. performs Sara Bareilles’ powerful election anthem
- 'This Is Us' star Chrissy Metz on Kate's reveal about Jack
- Kid Cudi responds to Drake diss: 'Say it to my face'