The onetime megastar ended a years-long dry spell this summer with smash single ”Just a Dream,” and on 5.0 Nelly makes a reasonably convincing case that he can keep the momentum going. He has recovered his pop instincts, slinging singsong rhymes over energetic beats courtesy of 2010?s biggest producers (including Dr. Luke and Jim Jonsin). His lyrics are vacuous as ever, but those hooks sure are sticky. B
5.0The onetime megastar ended a years-long dry spell this summer with smash single ''Just a Dream,'' and on 5.0 Nelly makes a reasonably...5.0Hip-Hop/RapThe onetime megastar ended a years-long dry spell this summer with smash single ''Just a Dream,'' and on 5.0 Nelly makes a reasonably...2010-11-10
HE'S SO FLY Nelly
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Nelly
Posted January 17 2015 — 2:22 PM EST
- James Bond enters a 'hurricane' in first 'Spectre' teaser: Watch now
- 'The Legend of Zelda' for Wii U delayed
- Kit Harington fights terrorism in 'Spooks: The Greater Good' trailer
- Billie Joe Armstrong musical 'These Paper Bullets!' coming to LA, NYC
- 'It Follows': The story behind the score
- Nick Jonas talks hosting the 2015 Kids' Choice Awards, his new image and that Kanye West cover
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!