It’s safe to say that terrorists are deeply evil. It’s not so safe to say, at least out loud in these nervous times, that they’re also often deeply stupid. (Underpants bomber, anyone?) In Four Lions, iconoclastic British filmmaker Chris Morris pushes the ”stupid” angle to outrageous heights in his burnt-black satire about clueless British jihadists with no clear ideology and even worse guerrilla skills. These guys are not charming; they’re horrifying in their ignorance, and they cause real damage. But there’s a weird relief to be found in the opportunity to laugh ourselves sick at their expense, if only for an instant. B+
Four Lions It's safe to say that terrorists are deeply evil. It's not so safe to say, at least out loud in these nervous times, that they're also often deeply...Four LionsR It's safe to say that terrorists are deeply evil. It's not so safe to say, at least out loud in these nervous times, that they're also often deeply...2010-11-10
SAD CLOWN Terrorism gets tweaked in Four Lions
MPAA Rating: R
Posted November 10 2010 — 12:00 AM EST
- Atlas Genius booked their fantasy festival and made us a playlist for it
- Four reasons 'Straight Outta Compton' made N.W.A the Boyz of summer
- Grace Helbig and Tyler Oakley tapped to host 2015 Streamy Awards
- Miley Cyrus: Donald Trump 'loved' twerking performance at 2013 VMAs
- 6 new tracks we loved this week
- 'The Blacklist': Check out Liz's new look in exclusive first trailer
- 'Limitless' stages 'Dexter' reunion
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!