Kal Penn has returned to a job in the White House after shooting A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas this summer. Last year, Penn – who uses his given name Kalpen Modi while working for the government – requested that he be written out of his role on Fox’s House so he could take a job with the Obama Administration as a liaison to the Asian American and arts communities. He’s now working at the Office of Public Engagement as an associate director, according to a White House statement given to ABC News.
Posted January 18 2015 — 5:51 AM EST
- Lupita Nyong'o's 'Star Wars' character name revealed
- Matt Jaffe wears 3-D glasses in church in 'Stoned on Easter' video -- exclusive
- J.K. Rowling speaks out about Scottish independence on Twitter
- John Oliver says standardized tests are almost as terrifying as clowns
- E! to air two-part 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians' special about Bruce Jenner
- 'Game of Thrones' TV Book Club: Did 'Sons of the Harpy' just confirm a huge fan theory?
- Watch a brief history of the PG-13 rating
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!