In Monsters, the debut from Brit director Gareth Edwards, Mexico has been overrun by alien beasties due to a crashed NASA probe. Despite the film’s premise — and title — Monsters is really a road-movie romance that tracks the burgeoning relationship between two strangers as they travel through the ”infected” zone. The result impresses thanks to the lead actors’ performances and Edwards’ skilled efforts. But it should come with a warning: ”Here be (not many) monsters.” B+
BEHIND THE MASK Whitney Able flees alien invaders in Monsters
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Scoot McNairy; Release Date Limited: 10/29/2010; Release Date Wide: 10/29/2010; Runtime (in minutes): 94; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted November 17 2010 — 12:00 AM EST
- President Obama smacks down Trump for his Mean Tweet
- Ryan Adams is done covering albums after Taylor Swift's '1989'
- Watch the first two episodes of Hulu's 'Freakish'
- Hanson sang the national anthem the last time Cleveland made the World Series
- 'DWTS' used the 'Outlander' theme song — and it went over big
- Michael Gleason, 'Remington Steele' co-creator, dies at 78
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Can the team work with Daisy and Ghost Rider?