SyFy has confirmed to EW that the final five episodes of the Battlestar Galactica-spinoff series Caprica will air back-to-back on Tuesday, Jan. 4 starting at 6 p.m. ET. Last month, SyFy cancelled the show after the second half of its first season struggled in the ratings; exec producer David Eick told EW that it was a “surprise” that SyFy yanked the rest of the episodes off the air. ”I understand that these are rarely simple decisions and I know the current leadership at Syfy genuinely loved the show and were hell-bent on protecting it and seeing it succeed,” Eick said. “Caprica was an extremely smart, unique show and it’ll take quite some time for me to get used to the idea that it’s really gone.” A “Save Caprica” campaign attempted to resurrect the show by sending the network over 650 pounds of apples to the network; alas, that was not quite enough. But don’t despair too much; SyFy has already greenlit a two-hour pilot BSG spinoff tentatively titled Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome, this time set roughly ten years into the first Cylon war.
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- Zayn Malik thanks One Direction at event
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' peek: Joy has a special job for Sadness on first day at a new school
- ACM Awards' host Luke Bryan on big stage spotlight: 'It's fun to have a touch of anxiety'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!