SyFy has confirmed to EW that the final five episodes of the Battlestar Galactica-spinoff series Caprica will air back-to-back on Tuesday, Jan. 4 starting at 6 p.m. ET. Last month, SyFy cancelled the show after the second half of its first season struggled in the ratings; exec producer David Eick told EW that it was a “surprise” that SyFy yanked the rest of the episodes off the air. ”I understand that these are rarely simple decisions and I know the current leadership at Syfy genuinely loved the show and were hell-bent on protecting it and seeing it succeed,” Eick said. “Caprica was an extremely smart, unique show and it’ll take quite some time for me to get used to the idea that it’s really gone.” A “Save Caprica” campaign attempted to resurrect the show by sending the network over 650 pounds of apples to the network; alas, that was not quite enough. But don’t despair too much; SyFy has already greenlit a two-hour pilot BSG spinoff tentatively titled Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome, this time set roughly ten years into the first Cylon war.
- Kanye West's 'The Life of Pablo' has finally arrived
- Jonah Hill to host 'Saturday Night Live'
- Interracial marriage drama 'Loving' acquired by Focus Features
- Lady Gaga is getting her own 'Monster High' doll
- Melissa McCarthy hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Chiwetel Ejiofor says he'll never forgive Mark from 'Love Actually'
- Hear Disney princesses sing in their original languages