SyFy has confirmed to EW that the final five episodes of the Battlestar Galactica-spinoff series Caprica will air back-to-back on Tuesday, Jan. 4 starting at 6 p.m. ET. Last month, SyFy cancelled the show after the second half of its first season struggled in the ratings; exec producer David Eick told EW that it was a “surprise” that SyFy yanked the rest of the episodes off the air. ”I understand that these are rarely simple decisions and I know the current leadership at Syfy genuinely loved the show and were hell-bent on protecting it and seeing it succeed,” Eick said. “Caprica was an extremely smart, unique show and it’ll take quite some time for me to get used to the idea that it’s really gone.” A “Save Caprica” campaign attempted to resurrect the show by sending the network over 650 pounds of apples to the network; alas, that was not quite enough. But don’t despair too much; SyFy has already greenlit a two-hour pilot BSG spinoff tentatively titled Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome, this time set roughly ten years into the first Cylon war.
- Look, but don't retouch? Female celeb photo debate
- Margot Robbie's 'Focus' audition, a.k.a. 'the craziest 24 hours of my life'
- 'Focus' is weekend's No. 1 movie; 'Fifty Shades of Grey' drops to No. 4
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- Kanye's new album: 'So Help Me God'
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Brad, Lea & Darren, Paul and More!