In the wake of his breakout turn in this summer’s hit The Karate Kid, Jaden Smith has growing movie-star mojo – like his dad, Will, but scaled down to a 12-year-old’s size. So how will he capitalize on his newfound clout? Though his name, along with his sister Willow’s, has been attached to an adaptation of the kids’ graphic-novel series Amulet—a dark fantasy tale about two lost kids who are searching for their mother—Smith tells EW that isn’t on his immediate to-do list. Instead, his next film will most likely be 1000 A.E., a science-fiction project that’s being developed for him to star in, with M. Night Shyamalan slated to direct. “We’re reading the script right now,” he says. “I don’t want to give it away because that wouldn’t be tight, but it’s set in the future and it’s about a journey.” Perhaps not surprisingly, given the movie’s nearly $360 million global box office haul, Sony is also batting around the idea of a sequel to The Karate Kid. “They’re talking about it,” Smith says. Added to the mix is a script Disney recently purchased as a possible vehicle for Smith called Monster Witness Relocation Program. But just to be on the safe side, he’d better keep those karate skills sharp.
Posted November 19 2010 — 2:45 PM EST
- Lil Wayne debuts his 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- Bubba Watson says he's removing Confederate flag from his 'Dukes of Hazzard' car
- Taylor Swift, Jimmy Fallon, more celebs spend July 4 on Instagram, Twitter
- 'Crimson Peak' exclusive: Mia Wasikowska flees the darkness in Guillermo del Toro's Gothic chiller
- Beach reads: 15 heart-stopping thrillers to dive into this summer
- Zack Snyder defends ‘Man of Steel’ ending: You can’t have superheroes knock around with no consequences
- 50 Songs for 50 States: EW's favorite patriotic pop through the years
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Eddie Redmayne, Eva Longoria, Flo Rida & More!