Three weeks after news that Julia Louis-Dreyfus was in talks to return to TV with an HBO pilot, the network confirms she’s set to star in Veep. HBO describes it as, “a comedy set very near the White House. Former Senator Selina Meyer [Louis-Dreyfus] finds being Vice President of the United States is nothing like she expected and everything everyone ever warned about.” The pilot is written by Simon Blackwell and Armando Iannucci, the latter of whom will direct. Iannucci will also exec produce along with Chris Godsick and Frank Rich. Louis-Dreyfus will moonlight as a producer.
(Albert L. Ortega/PR Photos)
Posted November 22 2010 — 7:27 PM EST
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Bible' series won't return to NBC
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!