tells TVGuide.com, “Part of the way I figured out that we could do this was to take the songs that our show has made iconic and have them be sung by our cast members, as opposed to singing Broadway songs or singing some songs by a known artist. We’re simply singing songs that Grey’s Anatomy has made famous.” So get ready for an indie adult-contemporary fest full of Snow Patrol, Ingrid Michaelson, The Fray, Mumford & Sons and the like.As if the season-ending shooting episode weren’t groundbreaking enough, the resurgent Grey’s Anatomy is now going in the opposite direction: planning a musical episode for later this season, ABC reps confirm. Though specifics are under wraps, the show will make good use of Tony winner Sara Ramirez’s Broadway pipes, though it will feature unexpected performances as well. And don’t expect show-stopping showtunes: exec producer Shonda Rhimes
Posted November 23 2010 — 4:38 PM EST
- 'Empire': Get your first look at Mariah Carey in season 3 — exclusive
- 'Broad City' soundtrack coming this fall
- Usher announces new album, 'Hard II Love'
- 'The Girl on the Train': The terrifying scene that's not in the book
- 'The Art of Jock' is an in-depth look at a unique comic artist
- VMAs 2016: Who will win?
- Carly Rae Jepsen teases new album after releasing 'E·MO·TION Side B'