A 55-year-old woman was murdered with a sword this morning in Brooklyn, and WPIX-11 in New York is reporting that the assailant was 31-year-old aspiring actor Michael Brea and the victim was his mother, Yanick. Brea had a few small acting credits, including an appearance on Ugly Betty. A spokesperson for the New York Police Department was not yet revealing the names of the people involved, but would confirm that a sword was used in a murder that took place at 2 a.m. at 501 Park Place in Prospect Heights. Records indicate that Brea’s mother lived in Apartment 2 at that address.
Posted January 18 2015 — 5:51 AM EST
- Daytime Emmys 2015 winners are...
- 'Game of Thrones': Kit Harington on Jon's brutal decision
- 'Game of Thrones' team explains their choices on Sansa's story
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: 'not perfect,' 'determined'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'