Sarah Palin’s Alaska suffered a 40 percent drop in viewership for its second episode that aired on TLC Sunday night. After a TLC-record audience of 5.0 million tuned in for the Nov. 14 premiere, only three million watched the former governor take to the local shooting range and road-trip to Homer. The drop-off is not entirely unexpected after the enormous amount of curiosity and hype that preceded the premiere, and a spokesperson for TLC said in an email, “We are very happy with the ongoing strength of Sarah Palin’s Alaska, and it continues to drive big ratings gains for TLC.”
Posted November 23 2010 — 1:00 PM EST
- The MTV VMAs winners list for 2015
- Billy Ray Cyrus is live-tweeting the VMAs
- Here's how Miley Cyrus arrived on the MTV VMAs red carpet
- Taylor Swift brought her 'Bad Blood' squad to the VMAs red carpet
- Robin Williams' daughter shares touching tribute to Oliver Sacks
- Jay Z apparently joined Instagram – then quit after only a few hours
- See Miley Cyrus meet Internet sensation Baddie Winkle before the VMAs
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!