Supergirl’s Helen Slater (more recently seen in guest stints on the likes of Smallville, Greek, and Grey’s Anatomy) has been cast as an upper-crust mom in ABC Family’s pilot The Lying Game, EW has learned exclusively. She’ll play Kristen Mercer, the wealthy adopted mother of a teen girl named Sutton. Based on the book by Pretty Little Liars author Sara Shepard, the series revolves around Sutton and her long-lost twin, Emma, reuniting to find their birth mother – until Sutton goes mysteriously missing.
Posted November 24 2010 — 2:50 PM EST
- The next generation of male pop stars, from Harry Styles to The Weeknd
- The slow, curious fade of the male pop star
- Final 'Dexter' book says farewell to serial killer Dexter Morgan
- Kel Mitchell talks return to Nickelodeon this fall in 'Game Shakers'
- Kevin Bacon, Neil Marshall, and the other Thor to attend Fantasia 2015
- Tatiana Maslany, Haley Joel Osment among cast for 'Locke & Key' audiobook
- Here's your best look yet at the very cool 'No Man's Sky'
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Pippa Middleton, Ryan Reynolds, Jessica Alba & More!