An ex-con (Dwayne Johnson) systematically hunts down the four guys who murdered his brother, all with two cops (Billy Bob Thornton and Carla Gugino) and a hitman (Oliver Jackson-Cohen) on his tail. A straight-faced homage to the kind of 70’s guy-with-a-gun movies that Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino have canonized, Faster grafts that genre’s style onto a deadbeat script and leaves it to Johnson — as deadly focused as a gunsight — to make it all believable. The problem is, he can’t: The artist formerly known as The Rock has spent so many years undercutting his own tough-guy image (see: Tooth Fairy, The Game Plan), you half expect him to wink every time he pulls the trigger. D
Starring: Dwayne ''The Rock'' Johnson; Director: George Tillman, Jr.; Release Date Wide: 11/24/2010
Posted November 24 2010 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Empire': Behind the scenes at EW's photo shoot
- Skrillex + Diplo release Jack U debut
- 'Empire' star Jussie Smollett on the power of Jamal's coming-out
- 'Focus' aims to lift box office crown from 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- Bruce Willis indie-thriller 'Wake' halts production due to lack of funding
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' creator on season 1 success, season 2 ideas
- Catwoman comes out as bisexual in comic
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!