An ex-con (Dwayne Johnson) systematically hunts down the four guys who murdered his brother, all with two cops (Billy Bob Thornton and Carla Gugino) and a hitman (Oliver Jackson-Cohen) on his tail. A straight-faced homage to the kind of 70’s guy-with-a-gun movies that Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino have canonized, Faster grafts that genre’s style onto a deadbeat script and leaves it to Johnson — as deadly focused as a gunsight — to make it all believable. The problem is, he can’t: The artist formerly known as The Rock has spent so many years undercutting his own tough-guy image (see: Tooth Fairy, The Game Plan), you half expect him to wink every time he pulls the trigger. D
Starring: Dwayne ''The Rock'' Johnson; Director: George Tillman, Jr.; Release Date Wide: 11/24/2010; Status: In Season
Posted November 24 2010 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters