An ex-con (Dwayne Johnson) systematically hunts down the four guys who murdered his brother, all with two cops (Billy Bob Thornton and Carla Gugino) and a hitman (Oliver Jackson-Cohen) on his tail. A straight-faced homage to the kind of 70’s guy-with-a-gun movies that Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino have canonized, Faster grafts that genre’s style onto a deadbeat script and leaves it to Johnson — as deadly focused as a gunsight — to make it all believable. The problem is, he can’t: The artist formerly known as The Rock has spent so many years undercutting his own tough-guy image (see: Tooth Fairy, The Game Plan), you half expect him to wink every time he pulls the trigger. D
Starring: Dwayne ''The Rock'' Johnson; Director: George Tillman, Jr.; Release Date Wide: 11/24/2010; Status: In Season
Posted November 24 2010 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Descendants' react: Did the tale about junior Disney villains cast a spell?
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' producers offer hints about the show's timeline
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!