Christopher Nolan and producer Emma Thomas have swatted down an internet rumor that unused footage of the late Heath Ledger as the Joker in The Dark Knight would appear in the highly anticipated follow-up The Dark Knight Rises, according to The Hollywood Reporter. At an awards season reception for Nolan’s 2010 film Inception on Tuesday, Thomas, Nolan’s producing (and life) partner said, “I heard the rumor. We’re not doing that.” Nolan also made clear that, although the script for The Dark Knight Rises isn’t yet finished, he felt Ledger’s performance should live in 2008’s The Dark Knight alone.
- Casting Net: Mad Men star Jessica Pare cast in Lovesick
- 'Can't Buy Me Love' star Amanda Peterson's cause of death was an overdose
- Sony reaches settlement in hacking lawsuits
- Stephen Colbert counters Jeb Bush's 'Late Show' raffle with his own contest
- On the set of 'American Horror Story: Hotel': A foursome with Lady Gaga and Matt Bomer
- Steven Spielberg’s DreamWorks could leave Disney next year
- 'Jack Reacher 2' starring Tom Cruise gets a release date
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!