Christopher Nolan and producer Emma Thomas have swatted down an internet rumor that unused footage of the late Heath Ledger as the Joker in The Dark Knight would appear in the highly anticipated follow-up The Dark Knight Rises, according to The Hollywood Reporter. At an awards season reception for Nolan’s 2010 film Inception on Tuesday, Thomas, Nolan’s producing (and life) partner said, “I heard the rumor. We’re not doing that.” Nolan also made clear that, although the script for The Dark Knight Rises isn’t yet finished, he felt Ledger’s performance should live in 2008’s The Dark Knight alone.
- See Betty White dab in Ron Howard-directed Super Bowl opening
- Lady Gaga nails national anthem at the Super Bowl
- See Olivia Munn best Ryan Reynolds in a sword match on Instagram
- Here's the new 'Captain America: Civil War' Super Bowl trailer
- Super Bowl 50: Michelle Obama is excited to see Beyoncé
- Affleck, Eisenberg reprise 'Batman v Superman' roles for Turkish Airlines
- Rihanna’s ‘Anti’ hits No. 1 on the Billboard 200