Author Sara Shepard will add four new books to her Pretty Little Liars series, starting with a July 2011 release, EW has learned exclusively. The new books – from Alloy Entertainment and HarperCollins – will bring the total in the series to 12. Though the number was originally capped at eight, the ABC Family show based on the young-adult mystery series – which follows the aftermath of a popular girl’s disappearance – has been a ratings success and renewed interest in the books. The first new installment, Twisted, will be on sale July 5; Shepard’s The Lying Game was just released.
- Adrianne Palicki talks 'Agents of SHIELD' and Bobbi: 'a really interesting struggle for her'
- 'Justified': Jere Burns on Mikey's loyalty and THAT scene
- 'Being Mary Jane' director on portraying racism on TV
- 'Finding Carter' returns with its best hour yet
- 'Cougar Town' series finale: How the cul-de-sac crew said goodbye
- Casting Net: Hugh Jackman in 'Apostle Paul,' Stephen Amell in 'TMNT 2'
- Joni Mitchell hospitalized: 'in good spirits'
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!