The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has announced the 15 semifinalists for the Best Visual Effects Oscar. They are: Alice in Wonderland, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, Clash of the Titans, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1, Hereafter, Inception, Iron Man 2, The Last Airbender, Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, Shutter Island, The Sorcerer’s Apprentice, Tron: Legacy, and Unstoppable. Next month the visual-effects branch will narrow this list down to seven finalists. I’d call Inception, Tron: Legacy, and Alice in Wonderland the best bets to continue to the next round.
Posted December 10 2010 — 7:52 PM EST
- Evanescence's Amy Lee debuts adorable 'If You're a Star' music video
- Vin Diesel teases 'Fast 8' trailer release date
- A London bookstore is offering a chance to win free books for life
- 'The Walking Dead': Robert Kirkman reveals his 'wildest swing'
- Elle King wants to officiate your wedding on her new tour
- Ron Howard dishes about his Beatles documentary
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Hernandez knocked down by stagecrasher