this week’s cover story, what happened next was “totally surreal”: “While we were getting a tour, we got a message from the Oval Office that Obama wanted to say hi to us,” Witherspoon remembers. “We went to the Oval Office, and there was Hillary Clinton having a meeting with Joe Biden. It was insane. Then Obama came out and he turned to Paul and said, ‘I loved you in I Love You, Man.’ I grabbed Paul and I was like, ‘Are you freaking out right now?’ He’s like, ‘I’m freaking out!’ We were so tongue-tied it was ridiculous. Obama was like, ‘What are you guys doing in town?’ I started talking about the movie and I was like, ‘We’re doing a movie and…uh, I’m playing a character, who, uh…I’m working with Owen, uh…Owen…’ I could not remember Owen’s last name. And Paul goes, ‘Wilson!’ Like it was a party game.”Being a movie star can get you access to some pretty exclusive places. While shooting her upcoming romantic comedy How Do You Know in Washington D.C., Reese Witherspoon and her co-star Paul Rudd managed to score a special private tour of the White House. As the actress tells EW in
Posted December 10 2010 — 4:22 PM EST
- Wes Craven's 5 most twistedly influential films
- A$AP Rocky brings 'L$D' to the VMAs
- Celebrity reactions to Kanye West's MTV VMAs speech
- Miley Cyrus announces new album during VMAs performance
- 'Bad Blood' wins Video of the Year at the MTV VMAs
- The most GIF-able moments from this year's MTV VMAs
- 'I Am Cait' recap: 'The Dating Game'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!