On January 7, Star Wars: The Clone Wars returns from its mid-season break with the first of 11 new episodes, and, judging by this trailer Lucasfilm provided exclusively to EW, they’re making the jump to lightspeed. Set to John Williams’ Wagnerian “Duel of the Fates,” the video emphasizes action and mythology, a change of pace from the first half of season 3, which included more cerebral, dialogue-driven episodes about that Galaxy Far, Far Away’s slippery political landscape (read our recaps here). And while so far this season Anakin Skywalker has played second fiddle to lesser-known characters (Sy Snootles, anyone?), the future Darth Vader is clearly the star from here on out, as the series gets ever closer to the events of Revenge of the Sith. Not glimpsed is the new Big Bad, Savage Opress (a relation of Darth Maul!), whose three-part arc, supervising director Dave Filoni tells me, kicks off Clone Wars’ January return. That hardly matters, because we’re in for a more chilling sight: Anakin’s earnest young Padawan, Ahsoka Tano, eyes yellow like a Sith, consumed with rage and battling her master! Take a walk on the Dark Side and check it out.
Posted December 14 2010 — 12:37 PM EST
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' creator on that killer finale and what's next
- Catwoman comes out as bisexual in comic
- Denis Villeneuve in talks to direct 'Blade Runner' sequel: Report
- 'Vikings': Katheryn Winnick on Lagertha's season 3 plans
- Scarlett Johansson defends John Travolta
- 'Power/Rangers' fan film off YouTube
- YouTube duo get 'Electra Woman and Dyna Girl' gig
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!