EW has confirmed that Sarah Jessica Parker has joined, and Halle Berry and Zac Efron are in talks to join, the sprawling ensemble cast of the 2011 romantic comedy New Year’s Eve, director Garry Marshall’s follow-up (though not a sequel) to this year’s Valentine’s Day. (The Hollywood Reporter first reported the casting.) Parker will play the mother of Abigail Breslin; Berry would play a caterer, and Efron a bike messenger. The movie, which will likely begin principal photography in February, also stars Robert De Niro, Michelle Pfieffer, Hilary Swank, Ashton Kutcher, Jessica Biel, Lea Michele, and Sofia Vergara.
(Parker: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com; Efron: Ferdaus Shamim/WireImage.com; Berry: Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic.com)
Posted December 15 2010 — 9:05 PM EST
- Kendrick Lamar hits back at Geraldo Rivera after BET Awards criticism
- Meghan Trainor postpones two shows because of vocal cord hemorrhage
- USA! USA! 10 patriotic movies to watch over July 4 weekend
- 'Wayward Pines' exec producer Chad Hodge explains Ethan's evolution
- 'Graceland' costar Vanessa Ferlito breaks down 'Chester Cheeto' and Charlie's big lie
- Sean Combs UCLA fight: No felony charge
- Casting Net: Mark Wahlberg, Peter Berg to reteam for 'Mile 22'