EW has confirmed that Sarah Jessica Parker has joined, and Halle Berry and Zac Efron are in talks to join, the sprawling ensemble cast of the 2011 romantic comedy New Year’s Eve, director Garry Marshall’s follow-up (though not a sequel) to this year’s Valentine’s Day. (The Hollywood Reporter first reported the casting.) Parker will play the mother of Abigail Breslin; Berry would play a caterer, and Efron a bike messenger. The movie, which will likely begin principal photography in February, also stars Robert De Niro, Michelle Pfieffer, Hilary Swank, Ashton Kutcher, Jessica Biel, Lea Michele, and Sofia Vergara.
(Parker: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com; Efron: Ferdaus Shamim/WireImage.com; Berry: Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic.com)
Posted December 15 2010 — 9:05 PM EST
- Michael Bublé's next album includes a song by Harry Styles
- Science fiction-thriller 'Arrival' to open Fantastic Fest
- 'Scrubs' vet John C. McGinley battles demons in 'Stan Against Evil'
- 'The Girl on the Train': Why Paula Hawkins didn't write the screenplay
- R.E.M. to reissue 'Out of Time' for 25th anniversary
- 'Stranger Things' star sings Amy Winehouse in throwback video
- Katy Perry sends sympathy to 'Catfish' victim: 'My heart goes out to him'