EW has confirmed that Sarah Jessica Parker has joined, and Halle Berry and Zac Efron are in talks to join, the sprawling ensemble cast of the 2011 romantic comedy New Year’s Eve, director Garry Marshall’s follow-up (though not a sequel) to this year’s Valentine’s Day. (The Hollywood Reporter first reported the casting.) Parker will play the mother of Abigail Breslin; Berry would play a caterer, and Efron a bike messenger. The movie, which will likely begin principal photography in February, also stars Robert De Niro, Michelle Pfieffer, Hilary Swank, Ashton Kutcher, Jessica Biel, Lea Michele, and Sofia Vergara.
(Parker: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com; Efron: Ferdaus Shamim/WireImage.com; Berry: Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic.com)
Posted December 15 2010 — 9:05 PM EST
- How ABBA (and that ‘Waterloo’ scene) made it into 'Muriel’s Wedding'
- First look of 'Big Brother' contestants on 'Bold and the Beautiful'
- Mark Hamill denies flubbing Leia's name in 'Star Wars'
- Quentin Tarantino: Black critics 'have to deal with me'
- Keegan-Michael Key and Ray Liotta to guest-star on 'Modern Family'
- Shock Treatment: Match the surprising plots with the twists
- We Called It! We Blew It! What EW critics got right and wrong
- 25 Unforgettable Dresses From the Past 25 Years
- Box Office Flops: 19 Notorious Opening Weekends
- EW's 25 Best Movies in 25 Years
- EW Reunions: Bonus portraits of your favorite TV and movie casts
- 'The Walking Dead': 15 Exclusive Storyboard Illustrations From Season 6
- Cast Reunions: See Costars Then And Now